Resources for Nebraska Farmers, Ranchers, and Their Families
We hope you reach out if you are feeling stressed.
Printable List of resources
- Rural Response Hotline: The hotline offers access to many attorneys, financial advisors, professional counselors, mediators, clergy, and others. There are 167 behavioral health professionals working with the Rural Response Hotline. Ask about no-cost vouchers for counseling services. 800-464-0258 M-F 8:00AM-5:00PM
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: A national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 800-273-8255.
- Crisis Text Line: Free, 24/7 support for those in crisis, connecting people in
crisis to trained Crisis Counselors. Text GO to 741741
- Veterans Crisis Line: Connect with this resource to reach caring, qualified responders within the Department of Veterans Affairs. Many of them are Veterans themselves. 800-273-8255, Press 1 or Text to 838255
- Negotiations Program: Mediation services for agricultural borrowers, creditors, and USDA program participants. Free one-on-one education on agricultural financial and legal matters. 402-471-4876
- The Boys Town National Hotline: Not just for boys. For all teens and their parents, this hotline is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, with specially trained counselors. A TDD line is available (1-800-448-1833), allowing counselors to communicate with speech-impaired and deaf callers. 800-448-3000
- Nebraska Family Helpline: Resource for parents with any issue 800-866-8660
- SAMHSA National Helpline: Free, confidential, 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral in English and Spanish for individuals and families experiencing issues with alcohol, prescription drug, or other substance abuse. 800-662-HELP (4357)
- Nebraska LOSS (Local Outreach to Suicide Survivors) Teams: Trained professionals acting as volunteers, bringing immediate support to those who have lost a loved one to a completed suicide. Visit NElossteam.nebraska.edu for a map with phone numbers of LOSS teams across the state.