Thursday, Feb. 9, 20239:00 a.m. - 3:15 p.m. Registration at 8:30 a.m.
Eastern Nebraska Research, Extension and Education Center
August N. Christenson Building
1071 County Rd G, Ithaca, NE 68033
Google Map link
* Preregistration required. Pre-registration has reached capacity and is now closed. Walk-in registration will not be available for this conference. The conference will be recorded and available for viewing at a later date on this website and on YouTube.
|8:30 a.m.||Registration (Coffee and donunts)|
Moving forward requires looking backwards: Benefits of re-diversifying crop rotations in the Midwest
- Marshall McDaniel, Iowa State University
Interseeding cover crops into early-season corn and soybean - What we learned and next steps
- Farmer panel with Chad Dane (Clay County) and Jay Goertzen (York County) moderated Jenny Rees, Nebraska Extension Educator
Practical tips for selecting and grazing forage cover crops
- Mary Drewnoski, UNL Beef Systems Specialist
Nebraska farmer’s perspective on diverse crop rotations and intensification
- Farmer panel with Angela Knuth (Saunders County), Garret Ruskamp (Cuming County), Kyle Riesen (Jefferson County), and Haldon Fugate (Gage County) moderated by Nathan Mueller, Nebraska Extension Educator
Emerging topics in soil health
1. Biochar and it’s potential as a soil amendment
– Britt Fossum, UNL Graduate Student
2. Opportunities for the perennial grain Kernza® - What it is and how it is grown
- Roberta Rebesquini, UNL Graduate Student
3. What’s new in the cover crop industry
- Davis Behle, Green Cover Seed
|2:50 - 3:15 p.m.||Upcoming events, evaluation, and closing|
About the Conference
The conference features innovative speakers will share their experiences with a variety of soil health practices. This is your opportunity to get your questions answered. Learn about the latest in cover crops, diversifying crop rotations, biochar and other regenerative practices.
Questions?Katja Koehler-Cole, 402-504-1016, email@example.com
Nathan Mueller, 402-821-2151, firstname.lastname@example.org
Aaron Nygren, 402-624-8030, email@example.com
Todd Whitney, 308-995-4222, firstname.lastname@example.org
Caro Córdova, 402-472-6292, email@example.com
Nebraska Cover Crop & Soil Health Conference Sponsors
- CCA credits are applied for and pending.
- The conference will only be held if road conditions are suitable for travel. If the conference is cancelled, registrants will be notified via email, phone, or text message.
- The 2022 Eastern Nebraska Soil Health Conference (formerly Cover Crop Conference) was held in-person at the Event Butler County Fairgrounds in David City, Nebraska and via online broadcast The recorded presentations are available at:https://enrec.unl.edu/2022-eastern-nebraska-soil-health-conference-presentations/
- Check out other recorded presentations from previous years at the conference archives page