Mitiku Mamo is a Water and Cropping Systems Extension Educator serving Cedar, Dixon, Knox, and Wayne Counties.
Nebraska Extension will be offering a training entitled “Confronting Cropping Challenges” in several locations throughout Northeast Nebraska. Confronting Cropping Challenges training gives attendees an opportunity to learn from the challenges they might have faced during this past growing season or may face during the coming growing season by going more in-depth.
- Tuesday, Nov. 29 — Lyons Community Center, Lyons
- Tuesday, Dec. 6 — Community Center, Bloomfield
- Thursday, Dec. 8 — Valley County Ag Complex, Ord
- Tuesday, Dec. 13 — County Fair Grounds Commercial Building, Madison
- Wednesday, Dec. 14 — Butler County Event Center, David City
- Corn tar spot
- Drift management/boom sprayer calibration
- Drought (herbicide carryover, nutrient carryover, irrigation considerations)
In addition to cropping info, the topics will cover important areas for pesticide applicators such as IPM, reading a label, resistance management and minimizing environmental concerns.
You can join us for just the first three informational sessions or if you need to renew your private pesticide applicator license in 2023, please attend the whole program. Even though this training is being offered in 2022, you will not lose a year of certification on your license.
Please note that this training will only offer recertification of private pesticide licenses — those needing initial training will need to attend one of the other training courses offered in early 2023.
The cost for the program is $10 if you are only attending the first three sessions. If you are being recertified for your private pesticide applicators license, the cost will be $60. The additional $50 is the same as you would pay to be recertified at a traditional private pesticide applicator training.