Innovate & Create
Be a Leader In Your Community.
Find a Career You Love.
Join a team of faculty and partners throughout the state helping to create innovative solutions to solve pressing issues facing Nebraskans. With 84 offices across the state, Extension faculty become a voice in their local community. Turn your passion into a career helping Nebraska to succeed.
- Food, Nutrition and Health (Brown County)
- 4-H Youth Development (Brown County)
- Disaster Education and Coordinator (Statewide)
- 4-H Youth Development (Merrick County)
- Early Childhood (Dawes County)
- Food, Nutrition & Health (Buffalo County)
- 4-H Youth Development (Colfax County)
- 4-H Youth Development (Harlan County)
- Horticulture, Landscape and Environmental Systems (Cass County)
- Food, Nutrition and Health - Nutrition Education Program/Evaluation
- Food, Nutrition and Health (Butler County)
- Food, Nutrition and Health (Dawes County)
- Water and Cropping Systems (Western NE)
- 4-H Youth Development Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Digital Agriculture
- Early Childhood (Seward)
- Turfgrass Management
- Water and Cropping Systems (Central NE)
- 4-H Assistant (Thurston County)
- 4-H Assistant (Seward County)
- NEP Assistant (Lancaster County)
- 4-H Assistant (Platte County)
- 4-H Assistant (Harlan and Furnas Counties)
- NEP Assistant (Adams & Hall Counties)
Extension SpecialistView All Positions
Summer Internship Program
Discover Your Future
Enjoy your summer basking in all the great state of Nebraska has to offer while you play a vital role in the development of Nebraska Extension programs. Get teaching under your belt as you plan, execute and evaluate your own educational program in the community. You will develop a variety of necessary skills for leadership in teaching, technology, presentations, recruitment, and personal interactions with diverse audiences. You will gain innumerable experiences while also double-dipping in getting paid and earning college credit.
Extension is everywhere with offices in almost every county in Nebraska. Each spring, locations are determined based on the interests of interns and supervisors. You might work in multiple counties or split your appointment between rural and urban areas. These internships run for 3 months and are open to sophomores, juniors, or graduate students, if allowed by the department.See All Internship Opportunities