Innovate & Create
Be a Leader In Your Community.
Find a Career You Love.
Join a team of faculty and partners throughout the state helping to create innovative solutions to solve pressing issues facing Nebraskans. With 84 offices across the state, Extension faculty become a voice in their local community. Turn your passion into a career helping Nebraska to succeed.
- Engagement Zone Coordinator (Campus)
- Early Childhood (Lancaster County)
- Early Childhood (Madison County)
- Engagement Zone Coordinator (Zone 5)
- Rural Prosperity Nebraska (Butler County)
- Water and Integrated Cropping Systems (Western NE)
- Water and Integrated Cropping Systems (Eastern NE)
- Soil Health Management (Statewide)
- Agricultural Economics (WCREEC)
- Beef Systems (Johnson County)
- Beef Systems (Webster County)
Summer Internship Program
Discover Your Future
Enjoy your summer basking in all the great state of Nebraska has to offer while you play a vital role in the development of Nebraska Extension programs. Get teaching under your belt as you plan, execute and evaluate your own educational program in the community. You will develop a variety of necessary skills for leadership in teaching, technology, presentations, recruitment, and personal interactions with diverse audiences. You will gain innumerable experiences while also double-dipping in getting paid and earning college credit.
Extension is everywhere with offices in almost every county in Nebraska. Each spring, locations are determined based on the interests of interns and supervisors. You might work in multiple counties or split your appointment between rural and urban areas. These internships run for 3 months and are open to sophomores, juniors, or graduate students, if allowed by the department.See All Internship Opportunities