The Fairbook contains Hall County Fair and State Fair classes and guidelines and Hall County Fair premiums.
NOTE: Information in the Fairbook may be updated as needed.
- Animal Science: (pdf 439 KB) Showmanship, Herdsmanship, Round Robin Showmanship, Bucket Calf, Beef, Sheep, Swine, Meat Goat, Dairy Goat, Horse Herdsmanship, Horse, Horseless Horse, Herdsmanship Rabbit/Poultry , Poultry, Rabbit, Dog, Companion Animal includes Cat, Small Animal Static, Educational Displays for Animal Entries, Veterinary Science
- Clover Kids: (pdf 316 KB) Public Speaking, Aerospace, A Space For Me, Bicycle, Beyond the Needle, Explore Farm Animals, Family Celebrations, Flowers & Vegetables, Just Outside the Door, Making Food For Me, Theatre Arts, Special Interest, Bucket Calf, Companion Animal w/Cat, Dog, Goat, Poultry, Rabbit, Sheep, Swine, Small Animal Static
- Communications & Expessive Arts: (pdf 608 KB) Public Speaking, Communications, Talent Show, Theater Arts, Photography
- Consumer & Family Science: (pdf 679 KB) Human Development, Clothing & Textiles, Fashion Show, Shopping in Style Fashion Show, Quilt Quest, Consumer Management, Heritage, Home Environment
- Environmental Ed & Earth Science (pdf 310 KB): Wildlife, Harvesting Equipment, Taxidermy, Shooting Sports, Entomology, Forestry
- Hall County Only: (pdf 306 KB) Kindness Matters Project, Scrapbook Pages, Kids College, School & Workshop, Health Rocks, Recycle Today, You Design It, School Enrichment
- Healthy Lifestyles: (pdf 541 KB) Culinary Challenge Contest, Ice Cream Roll, Cake Decorating, Beginning/Intermediate/Advanced Foods, Food Preservation, Safety, Fire Safety, Bicycle
- Leadership, Citizenship & Personal Development: (pdf 325 KB) Citizenship, Entrepreneurship, Leadership
- Plant Science: (pdf 493 KB) Field Crops, Weed Science, Range Management, Flowers, Houseplants, Vegetables, Herbs, Fruit, Educational Exhibits, Special Garden Project, Landscaping
- Science, Engineering & Technology (SET): (pdf 443 KB) Aerospace, Computers, Electricity, 4-Wheelin' Physics Fun, Geospatial, Physics/Power of Wind, Robotics, SET Careers, Small Engines, Welding, Woodworking
- Shooting Sports: (pdf 219 KB) Archery, BB Gun, Rifle, Shotgun, Shooting Sports Static Exhibits
- Premiere 4-H Science Worksheet (pdf 486 KB)
Animal Affidavits (ID's)
Check out the Hall County Animal ID Guidelines (pdf). It lists methods of ID, nomination deadlines & entry deadlines for animals that will be shown at County Fair, State Fair and/or Ak-Sar-Ben.
*ID nominations MUST be submitted by June 14th, 2018 for all species except Market Beef & Horse. Market Beef ID nominations are due April 15th, 2018. Horse ID nominations are due June 1st, 2018 (May 11th for District/State participation).
IMPORTANT ANIMAL ID CHANGES to be eligible for State Fair/Aksarben: As in the past, DNA will need pulled for all market animals. In addition, any animals that you are considering and would like to be eligible to show at State Fair or Aksarben, will also need to be entered and paid online, by YOU —4-H families at showstockmgr.com. Market beef must have their information entered and paid online by April 15. The deadline for all other animals is June 14.
County Fair ID nomination forms can be found here (pdf):
Vaccination forms are required for Cat, Dog and Ferrets to participate in the Hall County Fair and Nebraska State Fair. Forms are due to the county office by June 14th, 2018. Please click here for the Cat/Ferret vaccination form (pdf). The Dog vaccination form (pdf) can be found here.
Interested in the 4-H dog project?
Join Happy Hounds 4-H Club in learning the skills for Obedience, Showmanship and Agility. Practices will begin in April. Parents are required to stay for the entire practice. Practice dates will be subject to change depending on building scheduling. Be sure that you are enrolled in 4-H and have selected "AS: Dog" as one of your projects , so we don't miss letting you know the dates and times!
The Dog Vaccination form (pdf) will need to be completed and returned to the office before participating in practice.
Please contact the office if you will be attending the practice to help the leaders get an idea of how many to expect. Please feel free to contact the office with any questions, (308) 385-5088.
Quality Assurance is REQUIRED for all 4-H members, ages 8 and up, enrolled in swine, beef, sheep, dairy goats, dairy cattle, meat goats, rabbits or poultry.
The online course, Youth for the Quality Care of Animals, is located at yqca.learngrow.io. Click here for YQCA Online Instructions (pdf). REMEMBER:
1) You will use the 4H Online Sign In, using the same login and password that you use for 4-H Online
2) Youth must be enrolled in 4-H Online for the current year before they can complete Quality Assurance
3) All 4-H’ers need to use the 4-H tab (not the FFA tab)
4) The charge to complete QA is $12, to be paid online when taking the course
5) All registration questions with YQCA should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
6) Once QA is completed, print the certificate & turn in (or email) to the Extension office by JUNE 14th, 2018 in order to be eligible to show at the Hall County Fair
7) Paper tests are available for intermediate and senior level 4-H members to test out of their QA age level requirements; paper test-out tests must be completed at the Extension office before May 30.
The following deadlines are in place for livestock information:
- April 15th: Market Beef ID nomination forms, DNA & Premises ID's are due to the Extension Office (also online nominations for State Fair & Aksarben must be completed).
- May 11th:
- Horse Level Testing due to the Extension Office
- District and State Horse Entries & ID's due to the Extension Office
- June 1st: County Horse ID's due to the Extension Office
- June 14th:
- Quality Assurance certificates due to the Extension Office by 5 pm
- All ID nomination forms, including breeding beef, feeder calves, bucket calves, market & breeding sheep, meat goats, dairy goats, market swine and rabbits, as well as DNA & Premises ID's, are due to the Extension Office by 5 pm
- All online ID nominations for State Fair & Aksarben must be completed.
- Small Animal Vaccination Forms are due to the Extension Office by 5 pm
- All County Fair Entries Due to the Extension Office by 5 pm