Nebraska has joined more than 40 other states with 2.9 million youth in using the 4HOnline Enrollment system. While the method of collecting data is changing, the responsibility of maintaining and reporting accurate information about your youth program contacts remains essential. In this digital age, there are higher expectations for real-time access and management of 4-H enrollment data.
Join Dawes County 4-H by following the enrollment system in 4HOnline! Use the Nebraska Helpsheets shown below as a guide to enrolling through 4HOnline.
After enrolling in the 4HOnline system, please submit the required membership fee to our office at: 250 Main Street Suite 8, Chadron, NE 69337. Membership fee is $3.00 from October 1 - June 1 of the 4-H Calendar Year and $13.00 after June 1 of the 4-H Calendar Year. There is no fee for Clover Kids. Please make checks payable to Dawes County 4-H Council.
- 4-H Families, the Nebraska Extension - Dawes County 4-H Member & Family Handbook is a great resource! It includes the general "need to know" information about our county. This is a great resource for members and families joining Dawes County 4-H for the first time, and for current members to keep as a resource guide to our county.
If you are not enrolled in 4-H and do not have your project selections made on 4-H Online by June 1, you will be unable to participate in the 4-H portion of the annual fair.
Project Resource Central has a list of all Nebraska 4-H Certified Projects.
- New for 2018! The 2018 Pick Your Project is now available as an aid in selecting from a variety of 4-H projects. Another great resource for selecting projects is the 2018 Nebraska 4-H Project Listing. Take a look at all the great opportunities Nebraska 4-H has to offer!
Clover Kid Resources is a website with some great ideas for our youth ages 5-7.
- After you have enrolled online, get involved! Check out the active clubs and special interest clubs in Dawes County listed below.
- 4HOnline Steps to Enroll NEW member
- 4HOnline Steps to Reenroll member
- 4HOnline Steps to Enroll NEW volunteer
- 4HOnline Steps to Reenroll Volunteer
Active Dawes County Clubs
Bordeaux Trappers - Roger Eaton Leader
Happy Hustlers - Suzanne Davidson, Leader
Ponderosa Pals - Bill Cogdill, Leader
Highland Huddlers - Jodi Sellman, Leader (South of Chadron)
Dawes County Jr. Leaders, Jodi Sellman & Robert Vahrenkamp, Advisors (Chadron/Crawford)
Corn Valley - Justin & Tami Tollman, Leaders
Special Interest Clubs
Small Engines - YEAR AROUND Small Engine Repair - 7 pm, Wahlstrom Ford OR Henkens Roberts Building, Fairgrounds. EVERY WEDNESDAY EVENING. Contact Roger Eaton.
Hound Dog U - meets Tuesday evenings from October to November. Professor Roger Eaton Instructor
Shooting Sports - meets Saturday or Thursday evenings from November to March. Roger Eaton Instructor
Check out their Facebook Page for the latest, up to date information!
- Classroom - 3rd Thursday at 5:30 pm, Extension Office
- Field - 2nd Sunday at 1:00 pm, Fairgrounds