2023 Cherry County Fair Schedule
Cherry County Fair Entry Forms Due July 14
Click here for a printable 2023 Cherry County Fair Schedule.
2023 Livestock Sale Brochure - Will Be Posted Closer to Date
2023 Pre-Entry Forms
- Static Entries
- Companion Animal Entries
- Clover Kids Entries
- Shooting Sports Entries
- Livestock Entries
- Horse Entries
- Quilts of Valor Interview Form
- Special Foods Contest
Cherry County 2023 Fair Premium Book - Out Soon!
The Cherry County 4-H Fair Premium Book contains all the guidelines for the projects that can be entered in the 2023 Cherry County Fair. Please refer to it for each class you intend to enter at the fair. All general information and livestock rules are also included.
- Cherry County General Rules
- Club Exhibit
- Companion Animal Show
- Nebraska 4-H Companion Animal Resources
- Conservation, Wildlife & Shooting Sports
- 2023 Shooting Sports Cherry County Shoot-off Schedule
- Consumer Management
- Food and Nutrition
- All Food Preservation exhibits must include specific information about the preservation process. This template can be used to provide that information.
- Youth In Motion
- Cake Decorating
- Special Food Contest - Entry Form - Local Cherry County Contest - Special Food Contest Handbook
- Home Environment
- Entries in some Home Environment classes and Quilt Quest classes require supporting information tags to be included. A template for this information is available here.
- Information for those enrolled in the Cherry County 4-H Horse Project can be found in the Horse Packet. A schedule and information about upcoming events, County Fair, District and State Horse Shows, Advancement Levels Testing, and horse IDs are included. Information to help 4-H youth complete a Feeds Chart for Horse Advancement Level II requirements can be found by clicking here.
- Horse Affidavit (Horse ID) - click here Due June 1, 2023. Turn in the form to the Cherry County Extension Office.
- "Selecting and Preparing Vegetables, Fruits, and Herbs for County and State Fairs" - is a useful guide to help exhibitors prepare their items for entry. It is a Free Download.
- Human Development
- Knot Tying
- Livestock and Animal
- Sandhills Production Ranch Plan Record Book
- BILL OF SALE for LIVESTOCK
- 2023 Livestock Sale Catalog! - Updated catalog coming closer to Fair
- 2023 Livestock Sale Brochure
- 2023 Livestock Sale Information for 4-H Families!! - Updates coming
- 2023 Fair Livestock Show Family Packet!!! -Updates coming
- Livestock Affidavits (ID) - To verify information about deadlines, types of animal ID forms required, ear tags, Online Nomination, DNA requirements, etc. Livestock and animal ID forms are due by June 1st. All Livestock/Animal Ownership Affidavits: Dairy, Breeding Beef, Breeding Doe, Breeding Sheep, Breeding Swine, Bucket Calf, Feeder Calf, Market Beef, Market Goat, Market Lamb, & Market Swine 1 & 2.
UPLOAD ALL ID FORMS (AFFIDAVITS) and PHOTOS through Bublup.com. Contact the Extension Office with questions @ 402-376-1850.
- Niobrara National Scenic River 4-H Connection - Open to any 4-H member, including Clover Kids. A new partnership effort with the National Park Service. Contact (402) 376-1901 or stop at the Visitor Center at 214 W Highway 20, Valentine, NE for additional resources. Website: https://www.nps.gov/niob/index.htm.
Photography Project Data Sheets - Nebraska 4-H has implemented new datasheets for photography exhibits entered at the fair. Click here for instructions on how to fill these Data Tags incorrectly. These are to be attached to the back of each photo entered. They are different for the specific class entered. The sheets may be accessed and filled in or printed and filled in by hand.
- Presentations Contest
- Aerospace (Rocket/Drones)
- Small Engine
- Textiles- Clothing, Knitting, Crochet, Weaving, Quilting, and Fashion Show
- Clothing Day is July 13, 2023. Entries are due June 30, 2023. Clothing Entries forms can be found here.
- Veterinary Science
- Visual Arts Find the form for Visual Arts here.
- You Design It