The 2017 Fairbook is here! The Fairbook contains Hall County Fair and State Fair classes and guidelines and Hall County Fair premiums.
NOTE: Information in the Fairbook may be updated as needed.
- Animal Science: (pdf 1.21 MB) Showmanship, Herdsmanship, Round Robin Showmanship, Bucket Calf, Beef, Sheep, Swine, Meat Goat, Dairy Goat, Horse Herdsmanship, Horse, Horseless Horse, Herdsmanship Rabbit/Poultry , Poultry, Rabbit, Dog, Companion Animal includes Cat, Small Animal Static, Educational Displays for Animal Entries, Veterinary Science
- Clover Kids: (pdf 1.09 MB) Public Speaking, Aerospace, A Space For Me, Bicycle, Beyond the Needle, Explore Farm Animals, Family Celebrations, Flowers & Vegetables, Just Outside the Door, Making Food For Me, Theatre Arts, Special Interest, Bucket Calf, Companion Animal w/Cat, Dog, Goat, Poultry, Rabbit, Sheep, Swine, Small Animal Static
- Communications & Expessive Arts: (pdf 1.31 MB) Public Speaking, Communications, Talent Show, Theater Arts, Photography
- Consumer & Family Science: (pdf 1.43 MB) Human Development, Clothing & Textiles, Fashion Show, Shopping in Style Fashion Show, Quilt Quest, Consumer Management, Heritage, Home Environment
- Environmental Ed & Earth Science (pdf 1.06 MB): Wildlife, Harvesting Equipment, Taxidermy, Shooting Sports, Entomology, Forestry
- Hall County Only: (pdf 1.08 MB) Nebraska 150 Celebration, Scrapbook Pages, Kids College, School & Workshop, Health Rocks, Recycle Today, You Design It, School Enrichment
- Healthy Lifestyles: (pdf 1.56 MB) Culinary Challenge Contest, Ice Cream Roll, Cake Decorating, Beginning/Intermediate/Advanced Foods, Food Preservation, Youth In Motion, Safety, Fire Safety, Bicycle
- Leadership, Citizenship & Personal Development: (pdf 1.02 MB) Career Development, Citizenship, Entrepreneurship, Leadership
- Plant Science: (pdf 1.24 MB) Field Crops, Weed Science, Range Management, Flowers, Houseplants, Vegetables, Herbs, Fruit, Educational Exhibits, Special Garden Project, Landscaping
- Science, Engineering & Technology (SET): (pdf 1.19 MB) Aerospace, Computers, Electricity, Robotics, 4-Wheelin', Geospatial, Power of Wind, Small Engines, Woodworking, Welding
- Shooting Sports: (pdf 1024 KB) Archery, BB Gun, Rifle, Shotgun, Shooting Sports Static Exhibits
- Premiere 4-H Science Worksheet (pdf)
Animal Affidavits (ID's)
Check out the Hall County Animal ID Guidelines (pdf). It lists methods of ID, nomination deadlines & entry deadlines for animals that will be shown at County Fair, State Fair and/or Ak-Sar-Ben.
*ID nominations MUST be submitted by June 15th for all species except Market Beef & Horse. Market Beef ID nominations are due April 15th. Horse ID nominations are due June 1st.
ID nomination forms can be found here (pdf):
Vaccination forms are required for Cat, Dog and Ferrets to participate in the Hall County Fair and Nebraska State Fair. Forms are due to the county office by June 15th. Please click here for the Cat/Ferret vaccination form (pdf). The Dog vaccination form (pdf) can be found here.
Interested in the 4-H dog project?
Join Happy Hounds 4-H Club in learning the skills for Obedience, Showmanship and Agility. Practices will begin in April. Parents are required to stay for the entire practice. Practice dates will be subject to change depending on building scheduling. Be sure that you are enrolled in 4-H and have selected "AS: Dog" as one of your projects , so we don't miss letting you know the dates and times!
The Dog Vaccination form (pdf) will need to be completed and returned to the office before participating in practice.
Please contact the office if you will be attending the practice to help the leaders get an idea of how many to expect. Please feel free to contact the office with any questions, (308) 385-5088.
Quality Assurance is REQUIRED for any 4-H member, ages 8 and up, enrolled in swine, beef, sheep, dairy goats, dairy cattle, meat goats, rabbits or poultry.
The new Quality Assurance Curriculum called Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) is now active! Anyone who has not started on their QA online for 2017 should now navigate to the NEW online YQCA course at yqca.learngrow.io. You will use your FAMILY 4HOnline login and password information to access the courses for the ACTIVE youth in your family. Only ACTIVE members will show in the drop down menu for access to the course. (so make sure you are enrolled in 4-H!) All registration questions with YQCA should be directed to email@example.com. There will not be local support for the YQCA program. All 4-Hers need to use the 4-H tab and not the FFA tab even if they are members of both organizations. There is a button for families that have forgotten their password. The YQCA site is user friendly and should make it easy for 4-H families to complete their QA training for this year. There is a $12 charge per module, and one module, consisting of three parts, will need to be completed each year.
All Quality Assurance testing must be completed and turned into the office by JUNE 15th!
Paper tests are available for intermediate and senior level 4-H members to test out of their QA age level requirements; these tests must be completed at the office.
The following deadlines are in place for livestock information:
- April 15th: Market Beef ID nomination forms, DNA & Premises ID's are due to the Extension Office
- May 12th:
- Horse Level Testing due to the Extension Office
- District and State Horse Entries & ID's due to the Extension Office
- June 1st: County Horse ID's due to the Extension Office
- June 15th:
- Quality Assurance due to the Extension Office by 5 pm
- All ID nomination forms, including breeding beef, feeder calves, bucket calves, market & breeding sheep, meat goats, dairy goats, market swine and rabbits, as well as DNA & Premises ID's, are due to the Extension Office by 5 pm
- Small Animal Vaccination Forms are due to the Extension Office by 5 pm
- All County Fair Entries Due to the Extension Office by 5 pm