|One of the two housing units at the Panhandle Center.|
Housing at UNL Panhandle Research and Extension Center
(Same-day reservations must be made by 3:00 p.m.)
Located on UNL’s Panhandle Research and Extension Center campus, these housing units are provided for the convenience of short term housing for UNL departments and their guests. Potential guests include:
- Visiting faculty or international scholars who need short or long term lodging
- Interview candidates or guest speakers for UNL conferences
- UNL employees who are in town on an assignment
The Panhandle Research and Extension Center maintains that we allow for both internal and external rates and tenants for housing. Our intent is not to undercut other lodging options in the community, but to offset undue financial burden on students and to foster greater partnerships in NU research and Extension. We understand the intent and value of our housing through at least the following ways:
- Facilitate an affordable housing solution for students who often have to pay rent in both Lincoln and Scottsbluff.
- Facilitate affordable, non-lease stays for students, interns, and visiting scholars and professionals.
- Housing availability for non-university tenants for the purposes of fostering greater connections between faculty and outside agencies or organizations. (E.g., external tenants will be expected to have some justifiable project, function, activity or purpose connected to one or more of the faculty at the Panhandle Research and Extension Center in exchange for our affordable housing rates.)
Each fully furnished room features:
- A twin XL-sized bed with linen
- Private bathroom with a shower and fresh towels
- A shared kitchen with a stove, dishwasher, microwave, and two full-sized refrigerators. The kitchen comes with utensils, coffee maker, pots and pans, etc.
- A shared common and dining area
- A shared full sized washer and dryer
- Free wifi access
- Weekly cleaning for guests staying longer than seven days
NOTE: since we are on campus, we do not allow alcohol or smoking and we do not allow pets.
A University cost object/WBS will be required at time of reservation.
Payment with University dollars- an internal charge will be processed at the completion of stay.
Payment with personal dollars- payment is required via credit/debit card, check, money order, or cashier’s check at time of check-in, unless other arrangements have been made in advance with the PHREC Business Center.
|University Rate (Internal)|
|Full Rate (30 nights or less)||$16/night or $480 for 1 month|
|Discounted Rate (31st night and beyond)||$13/night or $390/month|
|Non-University Rate (External)|
|Full Rate (30 nights or less)||$25/night or $750 for 1 month|
|Discounted Rate (31st night and beyond)||$20/night or $600/month|
|Payment required via credit/debit, check card, money order, or cashier’s check at time of check-in, unless other arrangements have been made in advance with the PHREC Business Center.|
Non-university (external) funds are subject to lodging tax (4%) on stays less than 30 nights and sales tax (5.5%)
Apartment rentals paid for by a UNL unit may be reserved using a cost object number. Individuals paying for their own stays may make payment by check or credit card (via phone or in person). Payment is due to Pam in Office 133 at time of check in.
Normal business hours for apartment management are from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. During this time, staff are present to process reservations, accept payment, and prepare rooms for arrivals. After hours and weekend arrivals can be accommodated if the reservation and payment arrangements are made during business hours.
Guests may check into their rooms no earlier than 3:00 p.m. on the day of check-in and check out no later than 10:00 a.m. on the day of departure.
Please provide us with at least 24 hours’ notice before a cancellation. Registrations cancelled after the scheduled arrival date will be charged for the first day at the associated reservation rate. Long term guests please provide us with a week notice if your departure time varies from your original reservation.
Damage Responsibility Statement:
The sponsoring unit or directly paying individual will be financially responsible for the cost of damage repairs or replacement of furnishings removed.
General House Rules and Information:
Call Carli, 308-633-3101, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To book more than three rooms at one time, please contact us directly by phone or email to verify room availability.