Financial Services Program Helps Farmers Make DecisionsA new Nebraska Extension financial services program offers farmers and ranchers across the state tools to utilize existing data to improve decision-making and management in their operations.
Flood ResourcesThe following link provides current resources related to flooding.
UNL at Forefront of Innovation in Irrigation, ConservationDeploying the latest technology and strategies, the University has helped Nebraska farmers save more than 326 billion gallons of water and more than $50 million in fuel costs since 2005.
Protecting Crops in a Warmer WorldHigher temperatures caused by climate change aren’t just increasing the number of daytime scorchers. Nights are getting warmer as well, stressing plants and decreasing yields of vital crops worldwide.
- Did you know? The Panhandle Center was established more than a century ago
- UNL partners with Panhandle farm to research industrial hemp
- In five decades, Panhandle Center has had two plant pathologists
- Update on research into winter wheat fertility and protein
- Farmers' management decisions affect wheat stem sawfly populations
- Stress and young children
- Dry bean bacterial wilt - a pathogen of many colors
- Study sheds light on how pinto beans help reduce cholesterol
- 4-Hers learn leadership, civic engagement in Washington
- Scotch thistle - invasive species profile
- Paper on aquifer depletion relies on Nebraska expertise, experience
- Marestail: Invasive species in western Nebraska
- A new way to schedule irrigation for dry beans
- Technology helps check cooking time in new bean varieties
- The Panhandle Center plant disease diagnostic lab
- Service to Panhandle agriculture and extension honored
- The sunflower pathology working group
- What's all that noise? The realities of animal agriculture
- A century of science at experimental range in southern Sioux County
Nebraska Extension's CropWatch web site has answers to farmers' questions about crop varieties, fertilizer, irrigation, pest control, harvest and many other issues. Check out the main page or click below to go directly to sugarbeets, dry edible beans, wheat, or potatoes.
Nebraska Extension's Beef Cattle Production Website has research-based information about all facets of beef production; news about current trends; interactive decision-making tools; and calendars with learning opportunities
The North Platte River:
Surface Water Irrigation Projects and Power Generation: A basic history of and information about the North Platte River U.S. Bureau of Reclamation projects ' surface irrigation, power generation and other related irrigation and power generation projects ' on the North Platte River drainage.
View the presentation by using the arrows below to advance the slides, or view the original presentation on Slideshare.
By Gary Stone, Extension Educator, Panhandle Research & Extension Center.