Panhandle Research and Extension Center
4-H Youth Help Save the ButterfliesThrough the 4-H Ag Innovators Experience, youth to apply critical thinking and science, technology, engineering and mathematical skills to a real-world agriculture challenge.
Makerspaces Transform Rural CommunitiesA variety of creative and learning projects are within reach of rural Nebraskans at the traveling Library Innovation Studio, also known as makerspace, at the Bridgeport Public Library this summer.
Juntos 4-H Pilots in NebraskaA new program offered by Nebraska Extension aims to help the state’s Latino students reach high school graduation and attend college.
What Makes Farms Financially Resilient?Learn some of the management strategies will consistently produce profits for farmers.
Quick view of our main focus areas, programs, and locations
Administration, Faculty and Staff
Panhandle Extension News
- Controlling cheatgrass -- the cheatgrass challenge
- Gardeners can share their extra bounty with local food pantries
- 4-H groups, communities donate items for foster children
- 4-H Assistant named in Box Butte County
- Extension Educator for Food, Nutrition and Health named in Morrill County
- Society for Range Management honors Mitchell Stephenson
- Link between wheat protein levels, fertilizer to be studied
- Panhandle Agriculture Research and Technology Tour is Aug. 29
- Service to agriculture and extension recognized
- The framework of 4-H
- Teens as teachers
- Sulfur Cinquefoil -- invasive species in western Nebraska
- It's OK for kids to get dirty!
- Dalmation toadflax -- invasive species in western Nebraska
- Sunflower rust may be problematic in 2018
- Common mullein -- invasive species may be on its way
- Focus of millet symposium: Finding new uses for crop
- Bridgeport makerspace puts creation in hands of everyone
- Did you know? Dry rot canker -- an uncommon rhizoctonia diseas of sugarbeet
- Did you know? Violet root rot was the first rhizoctonia disease
- Stripe rust in Nebraska: A review
- 4-H Next Chapter program helps youth making the step to college
- Coal combusion char residueshows potential as soil amendment
- Did you know? Three Rhizoctonia pathogens can cause sugarbeet root disease
- FIRST Lego League gets youth involved in science, technology, fun, teamwork
- 4-H reaches youth through traditional clubs, other activities
- New publication focuses on secondary aquifers
- Biomulch project enters next phase
- Latest phase of sugarbeet chopping study looks at value for feeding to calves
- Have plant diseases influenced food and eating habits?
Director's Insights from Dr. Jack Whittier
Nebraska Extension's CropWatch web site has answers to farmers' questions about crop varieties, fertilizer, irrigation, pest control, harvest and many other issues. Check out the main page or click below to go directly to sugarbeets, dry edible beans, wheat, or potatoes.
- Dry Edible Beans
- Potato Education Guide
- Variety testing results for sunflower, millet, pea
Nebraska Extension's Beef Cattle Production Website has research-based information about all facets of beef production; news about current trends; interactive decision-making tools; and calendars with learning opportunities
The North Platte River:
Surface Water Irrigation Projects and Power Generation: A basic history of and information about the North Platte River U.S. Bureau of Reclamation projects ' surface irrigation, power generation and other related irrigation and power generation projects ' on the North Platte River drainage.
By Gary Stone, Extension Educator, Panhandle Research & Extension Center.