Panhandle Research and Extension Center
Heuermann Lecture to feature Chuck Hagel, Bob KerreyChuck Hagel and Bob Kerrey, former U.S. senators for Nebraska, will discuss civil discourse and its impacts on the state’s future during the first Heuermann Lecture of the season Oct. 22.
4-H Youth Help Save the ButterfliesThrough the 4-H Ag Innovators Experience, youth to apply critical thinking and science, technology, engineering and mathematical skills to a real-world agriculture challenge.
Makerspaces Transform Rural CommunitiesA variety of creative and learning projects are within reach of rural Nebraskans at the traveling Library Innovation Studio, also known as makerspace, at the Bridgeport Public Library this summer.
Juntos 4-H Pilots in NebraskaA new program offered by Nebraska Extension aims to help the state’s Latino students reach high school graduation and attend college.
What Makes Farms Financially Resilient?Learn some of the management strategies will consistently produce profits for farmers.
Our history and mission; how to contact the Panhandle Center and county based Extension offices.
Panhandle Extension News
- Controlling cheatgrass -- the cheatgrass challenge
- Landlord-tenant lease workshops in Scottsbluff, Bridgeport
- Farm-ranch estate planning workshops in Chadron, Alliance, Oshkosh
- Nebraska State of Beef Conference Nov. 7-8 at North Platte
- Farm and Ranch transition workshops across Nebraska
- Training for Quicken for farm/ranch record-keeping is Oct. 31 at Scottsbluff
- Training for Quickbooks for farm/ranch record-keeping Oct. 24 at Scottsbluff
- Workshop in Oshkosh on Oct. 22 will focus on ranchers' questions
- Catch-a-Calf applicants sought for 2019 National Western Stock Show
- Terminating a land lease
- A century of science at experimental range in southern Sioux County
- Old disease in a new crop - cowpea bacterial wilt
- Virginia creeper, wild cucumber threat to trees and shrubs
- Plant pathology's past: Potato late blight again influences history
- Link between wheat protein levels, fertilizer to be studied
- Service to agriculture and extension recognized
- The framework of 4-H
- Teens as teachers
- Sulfur Cinquefoil -- invasive species in western Nebraska
- It's OK for kids to get dirty!
Director's Insights from Dr. Jack Whittier
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
Nebraska Extension's CropWatch web site has answers to farmers' questions about crop varieties, fertilizer, irrigation, pest control, harvest and many other issues. Check out the main page or click below to go directly to sugarbeets, dry edible beans, wheat, or potatoes.
Nebraska Extension's Beef Cattle Production Website has research-based information about all facets of beef production; news about current trends; interactive decision-making tools; and calendars with learning opportunities
The North Platte River:
Surface Water Irrigation Projects and Power Generation: A basic history of and information about the North Platte River U.S. Bureau of Reclamation projects ' surface irrigation, power generation and other related irrigation and power generation projects ' on the North Platte River drainage.
By Gary Stone, Extension Educator, Panhandle Research & Extension Center.