Flood ResourcesThe following link provides current resources related to flooding.
UNL at Forefront of Innovation in Irrigation, ConservationDeploying the latest technology and strategies, the University has helped Nebraska farmers save more than 326 billion gallons of water and more than $50 million in fuel costs since 2005.
Protecting Crops in a Warmer WorldHigher temperatures caused by climate change aren’t just increasing the number of daytime scorchers. Nights are getting warmer as well, stressing plants and decreasing yields of vital crops worldwide.
Grow Your Local CommunityJoin other like-minded communities as we learn programs and resources, share best practices and ideas, empower ourselves and others to assist entrepreneurs and grow our local communities at the annual Connecting Entrepreneurial Communities (CEC) Conference.
Panhandle Center history; Agriculture in the Panhandle; Research Focus; Extension Focus; List of County-based offices; Contact information
- Controlling cheatgrass -- the cheatgrass challenge
- Applications open for High Plains Ranch Practicum
- LOG N 4-H leadership camp is May 30-31 at Halsey; apply soon
- Registration open for ServSafe training in May at Scottsbluff
- Preliminary farm real estate market survey results for Panhandle
- Dry bean variety trial results available at CropWatch
- Paper on aquifer depletion relies on Nebraska expertise, experience
- Marestail: Invasive species in western Nebraska
- A new way to schedule irrigation for dry beans
- Technology helps check cooking time in new bean varieties
- New cowpea diseases in 2018
- Panhandle Pride, new Great Northern bean variety, available
- Panhandle team hopes visit to Washington opens doors
- The Panhandle Center plant disease diagnostic lab
- Service to Panhandle agriculture and extension honored
- 2018 pea variety trial results available online
- The sunflower pathology working group
- What's all that noise? The realities of animal agriculture
- Subsurface drip irrigation system studied
- A century of science at experimental range in southern Sioux County
Director's Insights from Dr. Jack Whittier
Nebraska Extension's CropWatch web site has answers to farmers' questions about crop varieties, fertilizer, irrigation, pest control, harvest and many other issues. Check out the main page or click below to go directly to sugarbeets, dry edible beans, wheat, or potatoes.
Nebraska Extension's Beef Cattle Production Website has research-based information about all facets of beef production; news about current trends; interactive decision-making tools; and calendars with learning opportunities
The North Platte River:
Surface Water Irrigation Projects and Power Generation: A basic history of and information about the North Platte River U.S. Bureau of Reclamation projects ' surface irrigation, power generation and other related irrigation and power generation projects ' on the North Platte River drainage.
By Gary Stone, Extension Educator, Panhandle Research & Extension Center.