Panhandle Research and Extension Center
Makerspaces Transform Rural CommunitiesA variety of creative and learning projects are within reach of rural Nebraskans at the traveling Library Innovation Studio, also known as makerspace, at the Bridgeport Public Library this summer.
Juntos 4-H Pilots in NebraskaA new program offered by Nebraska Extension aims to help the state’s Latino students reach high school graduation and attend college.
Communities Wanted for CEC2019 and 2020The Nebraska Extension’s Connecting Entrepreneurial Communities (CEC) Conference team is seeking engaged communities to serve as hosts for the 2019 and 2020 conferences to be held in the spring of each year. Conference planners are anticipating hosting the CEC conference in Nebraska’s Southeast region in 2019 and Northeast region in 2020.
What Makes Farms Financially Resilient?Learn some of the management strategies will consistently produce profits for farmers.
Boldly Looking ForwardFocusing on six areas of strength, the latest issue of Growing magazine highlights IANR's bold vision for the future of Nebraska.
Quick view of our main focus areas, programs, and locations
Administration, Faculty and Staff
Panhandle Extension News
- High Plains Ag Lab Field Day is June 21
- Third annual International Broomcorn Millet Symposium
- Controlling cheatgrass -- the cheatgrass challenge
- Unit cost of production workshop for ranchers June 27-28 at Scottsbluff
- Wheat, field pea variety trial tours in June
- Tractor safety courses scheduled in Gering, Gordon
- Average Panhandle ag land values decline in preliminary survey results
- 4-H Assistant named in Box Butte County
- Extension Educator for Food, Nutrition and Health named in Morrill County
- Society for Range Management honors Mitchell Stephenson
- Dry bean variety trial results posted on CropWatch
- It's OK for kids to get dirty!
- Dalmation toadflax -- invasive species in western Nebraska
- Sunflower rust may be problematic in 2018
- Common mullein -- invasive species may be on its way
- Focus of millet symposium: Finding new uses for crop
- Bridgeport makerspace puts creation in hands of everyone
- Did you know? Dry rot canker -- an uncommon rhizoctonia diseas of sugarbeet
- Did you know? Violet root rot was the first rhizoctonia disease
- It's a real jungle in the Panhandle Center dry bean greenhouse
- Stripe rust in Nebraska: A review
- Think about stripe rust again this spring
- Study looks at link between pollinators, sunflower yields
- Preparing for pre-harvest marketing in 2018
- 4-H Next Chapter program helps youth making the step to college
- Coal combusion char residueshows potential as soil amendment
- Did you know? Three Rhizoctonia pathogens can cause sugarbeet root disease
- FIRST Lego League gets youth involved in science, technology, fun, teamwork
- 4-H reaches youth through traditional clubs, other activities
- New publication focuses on secondary aquifers
- Biomulch project enters next phase
- Latest phase of sugarbeet chopping study looks at value for feeding to calves
- 2017 field pea variety trial results online
- Have plant diseases influenced food and eating habits?
- Has plant disease ergot altered the course of history?
- Biodegradable mulch gets field test
- Did a plant disease play a role in the Salem witch trials?
Director's Insights from Dr. Jack Whittier
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
Nebraska Extension's CropWatch web site has answers to farmers' questions about crop varieties, fertilizer, irrigation, pest control, harvest and many other issues. Check out the main page or click below to go directly to sugarbeets, dry edible beans, wheat, or potatoes.
- Dry Edible Beans
- Potato Education Guide
- Variety testing results for sunflower, millet, pea
Nebraska Extension's Beef Cattle Production Website has research-based information about all facets of beef production; news about current trends; interactive decision-making tools; and calendars with learning opportunities
The North Platte River:
Surface Water Irrigation Projects and Power Generation: A basic history of and information about the North Platte River U.S. Bureau of Reclamation projects ' surface irrigation, power generation and other related irrigation and power generation projects ' on the North Platte River drainage.
By Gary Stone, Extension Educator, Panhandle Research & Extension Center.