Kimmel Education & Research Center
The Kimmel Education and Research Center extends the University of Nebraska-Lincoln campus into the heart of Southeast Nebraska, where we help Nebraskans enrich their lives through research-based education.
This regional Nebraska Extension facility operates in the spirit of partnerships that began in 1925 when the Kimmel family worked with the University of Nebraska to study the value of alternative crops to the state’s economy. Today, the Kimmel Education & Research Center represents a unique collaboration between the Kimmel Orchard & Vineyard Educational Foundation, Inc. and the University of Nebraska.
Nebraska Extension educators at Kimmel Education & Research Center focus on programming in the areas of:
- Community Vitality Initiative with an emphasis on developing and/or growing rural Nebraska food based businesses and agritourism.
- Youth Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) Careers
- Agricultural Economics specializing in accounting, financial analysis and taxation
To learn more about how we can partner to help you, contact the Kimmel Education and Research Center at 402-873-3166 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Examples of Kimmel's programs and resources:
- Research-based programming in 4-H & Youth Development
- Educational events and tours
- Outdoor classroom featuring a variety of plants
- Youth STEM Laboratory (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Educational trail system that winds through Kimmel Orchard
- Programs offered in both face-to-face and distance-delivered formats
- State-of-the-Art Conference and teaching facility offers flexible meeting and teaching spaces in a beautiful orchard setting