Nebraska Extension in Frontier County
West Central Cattlemen’s Day Series Offered at Ten Locations
By Erin Laborie, Nebraska Extension Educator
Nebraska Extension and Colorado State University Extension will be hosting a series of winter meetings for cattle producers in ten locations across western Nebraska and eastern Colorado. The program is designed to help producers evaluate management practices that could improve their bottom line. Extension Specialists and Educators will discuss a variety of topics including nutritional management to prepare for the breeding season, grazing management principles, implant strategies, lameness in cattle, fly research updates, methods to increase productivity of spring calving systems and more.
Dates and locations include:
1) Youth Food and Nutrition Professional Development Day
2) Volunteer Opportunity for Adults and/or Youth
3) Pick Your Project
4) Enrollment is now open for the 2018 4-H program year!
5) 2018 Special Nebraska 4-H Garden Project
6) Don’t Forget to Write Thank You Notes!
7) State 4-H Club of the Month
8) Nebraska Women in Agriculture Conference Student Scholarships
9) A Special Thank You 4-H Council
10) $100 4-H Camp Scholarships for 2018 Camps
11) Shooting Sports Registration
12) Horse Advancement Level /District & State Dates
13) Livestock Tags
14) 2018 Frontier County Market Beef Weigh Days
15) New Livestock Committee
16) State Cat Club Free Online Workshops
Jan 11 – Those interested in learning about how to keep honey bees are encouraged to register for Nebraska Extension’s introductory beekeeping workshops. Read more
Jan 9 – Nebraska Extension and Nebraska 4-H are piloting a youth preparedness and educational outreach program known as MyPI (My Youth Preparedness Initiative) Nebraska now through Aug. 2018. Read more