Free Webinar Series to Focus on FinancesNebraska Extension is hosting a series of webinars aim to provide farmers and ranchers with financial principles they can apply to their own operations.
Extension Helps Growers Generate ResultsThe Nebraska On-Farm Research Network provides an opportunity for growers to get questions answered about their own fields.
From Research to RealityNebraska Extension has delivered research-based knowledge to people through direct teaching, experiential learning opportunities and publication.
Mueller Awarded for Preparedness EffortsMueller was honored for her efforts towards creating a stronger community through preparedness planning and disaster preparation to enhance community readiness and resilience.
Panhandle Research and Extension Center
Administration, Faculty and Staff
Sugarbeet Harvest in the Panhandle
Panhandle Extension News
- Western Sustainable Ag Conference is Dec. 5 at Ogallala
- 'Quick 6' meetings Dec. 7-9 provide profit tips for beef producers
- Post-harvest grain marketing workshop scheduled for Sidney in December
- National Western 4-H Catch-A-Calf applicants wanted
- Scottsbluff group completes Annie's Project course
- Recent appointments: Educator in Garden-Deuel counties, TEAMS program coordinator
- UNL specialist receives highest potato award
- NU Panhandle Alumni chapter recognizes Stinner as Alumni of the Year
- Charlie Fenster: The man for whom new HPAL building is named
- Irrigators sought as partners for research, extension project
- Soil scientist Gary Hergert retires after 40 years
- Funding for ag research has changed over the years
Nebraska Extension's CropWatch web site has answers to farmers' questions about crop varieties, fertilizer, irrigation, pest control, harvest and many other issues. Check out the main page or click below to go directly to sugarbeets, dry edible beans, wheat, or potatoes.
- Dry Edible Beans
- Potato Education Guide
- Variety testing results for sunflower, millet, pea
Director's Insights from Dr. Jack Whittier
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
The North Platte River:
Surface Water Irrigation Projects and Power Generation: A basic history of and information about the North Platte River U.S. Bureau of Reclamation projects ' surface irrigation, power generation and other related irrigation and power generation projects ' on the North Platte River drainage.
By Gary Stone, Extension Educator, Panhandle Research & Extension Center.