WeCook Program Gives Healthy Options to Youth4-H's WeCook Program is helping low-income youth and their families create fun and nutritious meals.
Making 'SENSE' of Nitrogen UseProject SENSE adopts new technologies to focus on improving nitrogen use efficiency by fertilization during the growing season.
Extension Helps Growers Generate ResultsThe Nebraska On-Farm Research Network provides an opportunity for growers to get questions answered about their own fields.
From Research to RealityNebraska Extension has delivered research-based knowledge to people through direct teaching, experiential learning opportunities and publication.
Panhandle Research and Extension Center
Administration, Faculty and Staff
Panhandle Extension News
- High Plains Advanced Cropping School to focus on wheat, field peas
- Cheatgrass Management Workshop, Tour June 8 at Scottsbluff
- Canola plots blooming at Panhandle Center
- Tractor safety courses planned in Gering, Gordon
- Learn about wheat stem sawfly's life cycle, management in webcast by Panhandle Center entomologist
- Zika virus not found in Panhandle, but travelers should use protection
- Applications taken for 2016 High Plains Ranch Practicum
- Plant pathologist's book combines history, science, more
- Greenhouse improvements at Panhandle Center
- Proso millet research advances
- Cooking dry beans from scratch can be quick
- Nebraska Range Shortcourse set for June; register soon
- 4-H leadership program being organized for 7th, 8th graders
- New irrigation system at Panhandle Center
- Charlie Fenster, 1919-2016
- Area teens represent Nebraska at 4-H Healthy Living Summit
- Energy audit assistance available
- Recent appointments: Integrated Weed Management Specialist, Educator in Garden-Deuel counties, TEAMS program coordinator
- UNL specialist receives highest potato award
- Irrigators sought as partners for research, extension project
- Funding for ag research has changed over the years
Nebraska Extension's CropWatch web site has answers to farmers' questions about crop varieties, fertilizer, irrigation, pest control, harvest and many other issues. Check out the main page or click below to go directly to sugarbeets, dry edible beans, wheat, or potatoes.
- Dry Edible Beans
- Potato Education Guide
- Variety testing results for sunflower, millet, pea
Nebraska Extension's Beef Cattle Production Website has research-based information about all facets of beef production; news about current trends; interactive decision-making tools; and calendars with learning opportunities
Director's Insights from Dr. Jack Whittier
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
The North Platte River:
Surface Water Irrigation Projects and Power Generation: A basic history of and information about the North Platte River U.S. Bureau of Reclamation projects ' surface irrigation, power generation and other related irrigation and power generation projects ' on the North Platte River drainage.
By Gary Stone, Extension Educator, Panhandle Research & Extension Center.