Growing a Healthy FutureRead about some of Nebraska Extension advances in wearable tech, youth entrepreneurship and precision ag.
Nebraska Extension Helping You Take FlightNebraska Extension is offering 1 day training sessions to incorporate unmanned aircraft systems into your operation.
Counties Benefit from being 'Livestock Friendly'UNL study shows the livestock friendly destination in counties gain more cattle farms.
WeCook Program Gives Healthy Options to Youth4-H's WeCook Program is helping low-income youth and their families create fun and nutritious meals.
From Research to RealityNebraska Extension has delivered research-based knowledge to people through direct teaching, experiential learning opportunities and publication.
Panhandle Research and Extension Center
Administration, Faculty and Staff
Panhandle Extension News
- Panhandle Extension group competes in Cheatgrass Challenge
- Agencies partner with retailers to 'make the healthy choice the easy choice'
- Stripe rust found in Kimball County wheat field
- Panhandle Extension professionals recognized
- Scottsbluff group completes Annie's Project course
- Pasture monitoring app available for Android OS
- Recent appointments: Extension educator for beef systems, soils and nutrient management specialist
- Panhandle Alumni Chapter recognizes alumnus of the year
- Fly is new invasive pest in this area
- UNL studying whether char from sugarbeet factories will help soil
- Plant pathologist's book combines history, science, more
- Proso millet research advances
- Cooking dry beans from scratch can be quick
- Nov. 30, 2016: The roots of community vitality
- Nov. 21, 2016: Cultiviating cultural competence in children
- Nov. 15, 2016: Changing rural population -- the long view
- Nov. 8, 2016: Western Sustainable Ag Crop-Livestock Conference Dec. 3 at Sidney
- Nov. 1, 2016: Scientific consensus and the role of peer review
- Oct. 25, 2016: What is scientific consensus and why is it important?
- Oct. 18, 2016: The Day of the Dead celebration
- Oct. 11, 2016: Addressing the wheat stem sawfly problem
- Oct. 4, 2016: The importance of play to children's development
- Sept. 27, 2016: Ranch transition when you aren't in control -- workshops planned
- Sept. 20, 2016: Herbicide resistance -- what it is, why it's a problem, and can we solve it?
- Sept. 13, 2016: Intensively managing cows as part of a system with limited grass
- Sept. 6, 2016: Striped rust summary and planned research
- Aug. 31, 2016: Stripe rust, part 4: Treatment options
- Aug. 24, 2016: Stripe rust, part 3: Reasons behind recent outbreaks
- Aug. 17, 2016: Stripe rust, part 2: Biology and life cycle
- Aug. 10, 2016: Stripe rust, part 1: History and early research
- Aug. 3, 2016: Pre-planting steps to prevent disease in winter wheat
Nebraska Extension's CropWatch web site has answers to farmers' questions about crop varieties, fertilizer, irrigation, pest control, harvest and many other issues. Check out the main page or click below to go directly to sugarbeets, dry edible beans, wheat, or potatoes.
- Dry Edible Beans
- Potato Education Guide
- Variety testing results for sunflower, millet, pea
Nebraska Extension's Beef Cattle Production Website has research-based information about all facets of beef production; news about current trends; interactive decision-making tools; and calendars with learning opportunities
Director's Insights from Dr. Jack Whittier
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
The North Platte River:
Surface Water Irrigation Projects and Power Generation: A basic history of and information about the North Platte River U.S. Bureau of Reclamation projects ' surface irrigation, power generation and other related irrigation and power generation projects ' on the North Platte River drainage.
By Gary Stone, Extension Educator, Panhandle Research & Extension Center.