Experience the Nebraska State Fair-- Aug. 26 to Sept. 5 in Grand Island --
View more than 12,000 4-H exhibits, taste food from local Nebraska companies and discover free interactive activities for youth. All at the Nebraska State Fair.
Beat the HeatNebraska Extension offers tips on handling cattle in hot weather.
WeCook Program Gives Healthy Options to Youth4-H's WeCook Program is helping low-income youth and their families create fun and nutritious meals.
Making 'SENSE' of Nitrogen UseProject SENSE adopts new technologies to focus on improving nitrogen use efficiency by fertilization during the growing season.
From Research to RealityNebraska Extension has delivered research-based knowledge to people through direct teaching, experiential learning opportunities and publication.
Panhandle Research and Extension Center
Administration, Faculty and Staff
Panhandle Extension News
- New soils and nutrient management specialist appointed
- Ranch transition workshop series planned in October
- Panhandle Alumni Chapter recognizes alumnus of the year
- 2016 Beef Feedlot School cancelled
- Tom Holman Scholarship established; applications due soon
- New date for seminar on making sustainable agriculture profitable - Sept. 1
- Fly is new invasive pest in this area
- Hops varieties tested in western Nebraska
- UNL studying whether char from sugarbeet factories will help soil
- Zika virus not found in Panhandle, but travelers should use protection
- Plant pathologist's book combines history, science, more
- Greenhouse improvements at Panhandle Center
- Proso millet research advances
- Cooking dry beans from scratch can be quick
- Aug. 3, 2016: Pre-planting steps to prevent disease in winter wheat
- Aug. 10, 2016: Stripe rust, part 1: History and early research
- Aug. 17, 2016: Stripe rust, part 2: Biology and life cycle
Nebraska Extension's CropWatch web site has answers to farmers' questions about crop varieties, fertilizer, irrigation, pest control, harvest and many other issues. Check out the main page or click below to go directly to sugarbeets, dry edible beans, wheat, or potatoes.
- Dry Edible Beans
- Potato Education Guide
- Variety testing results for sunflower, millet, pea
Director's Insights from Dr. Jack Whittier
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
Surface Water Irrigation Projects and Power Generation: A basic history of and information about the North Platte River U.S. Bureau of Reclamation projects ' surface irrigation, power generation and other related irrigation and power generation projects ' on the North Platte River drainage.
By Gary Stone, Extension Educator, Panhandle Research & Extension Center.