2016 Summer Workshop GuideThe summer workshop schedule has been set including topics such as pollinators, foods and environmental education! Reserve your spot by signing up today!
Progressive Ag Safety DayCurrent 1st through 6th graders are invited to attend Progressive Agriculture Safety Day on Thursday, May 26, 2016 at the Fillmore County Fairgrounds. Youth will participate in a variety of events designed to help them be aware of safety in potentially hazardous situations such as bike riding, agricultural settings, electrical safety and others. ALL youth MUST complete the registration/consent form by April 28th to guarantee a t-shirt!
WeCook Program Gives Healthy Options to Youth4-H's WeCook Program is helping low-income youth and their families create fun and nutritious meals.
Making 'SENSE' of Nitrogen UseProject SENSE adopts new technologies to focus on improving nitrogen use efficiency by fertilization during the growing season.
Extension Helps Growers Generate ResultsThe Nebraska On-Farm Research Network provides an opportunity for growers to get questions answered about their own fields.
Nebraska Extension in Fillmore County
Fillmore County Extension News and Events
Fillmore County Pages
|4-H Page Agriculture Page Livestock Page|
|Community/Horticulture Horse/Progress Shows|
Current 4-H Newsletter
Fillmore County Extension provides research-based information to Nebraskans! To learn more, read:
Short monthly narratives highlighting key programming Fillmore County Extension is involved.
Local News Columns by Extension Staff (Current: Melissa Intro)
2016 Speech Contest
Eleven 4-H members participated in the 2016 Fillmore County 4-H Public Speaking Contest, held at the Fillmore County Extension Office. Youth, from the ages of 5 to 18 are allowed to participate and gain skills of leadership, and speaking in front of people. All participants prepared an original speech that included some aspect of 4-H in the content. The intermediate and senior division champions are allowed to represent Fillmore County at the state competition on May 19th at UNL.
- Fairbooks are in! Stop by the Extension Office to pick yours up today!
- Summer Workshop dates have been set. Register quickly to ensure you have a spot!
- Food Stand Sign-Up will be done by individuals, NOT clubs this year!
- Fair Entry Forms are due June 15th.
- Livestock ID Forms are also due June 15th.
- Bucket Calf Record Books due July 1st.
- Farmland Cash Rent values are here!! Custom Rates I and II are available too!
- 2016 Rental Rates are in!!
- Resources for showing your livestock.
- Check out latest horticultural or community happenings.
- This page will have up to date information about progress shows and livestock camps in Nebraska. You can find links to printable fliers and entry forms! Just one click away!