NEBRASKA EXTENSION STAFF
Jenny Nixon, Extension Educator/Unit Leader firstname.lastname@example.org
Jamie Goffena, Extension Educator email@example.com
Leah Gremm, Extension Educator firstname.lastname@example.org
Jack Arterburn, Extension Educator email@example.com
Terri Lemmon, Extension Assistant-4-H firstname.lastname@example.org
Christi Yeatts-Sprague, Office Manager email@example.com
Facebook: Nebraska Extension Dawes County
Post Fair Positive Improvement Meeting - August 16, 2016
4-H Horse Camp - June 8-10, 2017
4-H Clover Chase Scavenger Hunt starts March 1
Raise Your Hands Alumni and Support Nebraska 4-H - Starts March 1
2016-2017 4-H Calendar of Events
4-H Enrollment Information and Project Resource Central:
4HOnline - Enrollment System
Nebraska has joined more than 40 other states with 2.9 million youth in using the 4HOnline Enrollment system. While the method of collecting data is changing, the responsibility of maintaining and reporting accurate information about your youth program contacts remains essential. In this digital age, there are higher expectations for real-time access and management of 4-H enrollment data.
- Nebraska Transition to 4HOnline Frequently Asked Questions
- Nebraska Users Guide
- 2016 Project Change List
- 4HOnline Steps to Enroll NEW member
- 4HOnline Steps to Reenroll member
- 4HOnline Steps to Enroll NEW volunteer
- 4HOnline Steps to Enroll Volunteer with Exisitng Family
- 4HOnline Steps to Reenroll Volunteer
Membership fee is $3.00 from October 1 - June 1 of the 4-H Calendar Year and $13.00 after June 1 of the 4-H Calendar Year. There is no fee for Clover Kids. Please make checks payable to Dawes County 4-H Council.
If you are not enrolled in 4-H and do not have your project selections made on 4-H Online by June 1, you will be unable to participate in the 4-H portion of the annual fair.
Project Resource Central has a list of all Nebraska 4-H Certified Projects.
Clover Kid Resources is a website with some great ideas for our youth ages 5-7.
IMPORTANT DEADLINES TO REMEMBER!
4-H Enrollment for Members and 4-H Project Enrollment Deadline - June 1
4-H Animal Affidavits (ID Sheets) Deadline - June 1: Includes Rabbit, Horse, Beef (Market, Breeding Heifer, Feeder Calf), Dairy, Sheep (Market, Breeding), Goat (Market, Breeding, Dairy), and Swine (Market).
Quality Assurance for ALL Market & Breeding Animal Projects Deadline (QA link will only work until February 28) - June 1 (Includes Poultry, Rabbit, Beef, Dairy, Goat, Sheep, and Swine). New site is ready - Youth for the Quality Care of Animals
Dog & Cat Vaccination Forms Deadline - July 15
Dawes County Fair Entry Deadline - July 15 (without fee)
Dawes County Fair LATE Entry Deadline - July 19 (with fee)
YEAR AROUND Small Engine Repair - 7 pm, Wahlstrom Ford OR Henkens Roberts Building, Fairgrounds. EVERY WEDNESDAY EVENING. Contact Roger Eaton.
Livestock Evaluation Classes:
- Classroom - 3rd Thursday at 5:30 pm, Extension Office
- Field - 2nd Sunday at 1:00 pm, Fairgrounds
APRIL IS 4-H TRUE LEADERS IN SERVICE MONTH
April 10: Dawes County 4-H General Council Meeting, 6 pm, Extension Office
April 17: Dawes County 4-H Public Speaking Contest, 6 pm, Chadron High School Auditorium. Speech Outline pdf doc PSA Outline pdf doc
April 22: Panhandle Regional 4-H Public Speaking Contest, 9 am,
Harrison, Bridgeport, Sidney. Entry Form pdf doc
April 23-29: National Volunteer Week
May 8-10: Babysitting Basics, Harrison
May 12: Entries due for District 4-H Horse Show
May 22-24: Babysitting Basics, Chadron
May 23: Engineering Day Camp, 9 am (8-10); 1pm (11-14), Extension Office
May 25: Horseback Riding Practice & Level Testing, 6 pm, Fairgrounds
May 26: Hop & Skip 2 It Rabbit/Poultry Workshop, 1-4 pm, Fairgrounds
May 30: Dawes County Sheep & Goat Clinic, 9 am - 2 pm, Fairgrounds
May 30: Dawes County Sheep & Goat Weigh-in, 3 - 6 pm, Fairgrounds
May 30-31: LOG N Leadership Camp, State 4-H Camp, Halsey, Applications due May 1
Essay Application pdf doc
Video Application pdf doc
SAVE THE DATE:
Wilderness Wonders Camp, June 2-3, 2017
Great Outdoors Camp, June 6, 2017
4-H Horse Camp, June 8-10, 2017 DEADLINE MAY 19!
Registration Form T-Shirt Order Form
Fun in the Sun Progress Show (Cheyenne County), June 10, 2017
Sheridan County 4-H Livestock Progress Show, June 11, 2017
Deuel County 4-H Livestock Progress Show, June 11, 2017
Pre-District / Practice Horse Show, June 12, 2017, Sheridan County Fairgrounds, Gordon
Western Livestock Challenge, June 16, 2017
Dawes County 4-H Livestock Progress Show, June 17, 2017
District 4-H Horse Show, Hemingford, June 19, 2017
4-H PASE/Life Challenge, June 26-27, 2017
State 4-H Horse Show, Grand Island, July 16-20, 2017
2016-2017 Dawes County 4-H Executive Council:
Clint Phillips, Suzanne Davidson, Maribeth Moore-Cogdill, Kerri Wild,
Jera Boeselager, Karen Lewin, Jodi Sellman
Active Dawes County Clubs
Bordeaux Trappers - Roger Eaton Leader Chadron
Corn Valley - Justin & Tami Tollman, Leaders Crawford
Dawes County Jr. Leaders, Jodi Sellman & Robert Vahrenkamp, Advisors Chadron/Crawford
Happy Hustlers - Suzanne Davidson, Leader Chadron
Highland Huddlers - Jodi Sellman, Leader South of Chadron
Ponderosa Pals - Bill Cogdill, Leader Chadron
SPECIAL INTEREST CLUBS
Small Engines - meets all year on Wednesday evenings from 7 to 9 p.m. Roger Eaton Instructor
Hound Dog U - meets Tuesday evenings from October to November. Professor Roger Eaton Instructor
Shooting Sports - meets Saturday or Thursday evenings from November to March. Roger Eaton Instructor
Nebraska 4-H Club Resources
Nebraska 4-H Guidelines for Leaders
Nebraska 4-H Policy & Procedure HandbookNebraska 4-H Council Financial Handbook - TO BE USED FOR CLUB FINANCES TOO!
4-H Club Tax Exempt Information
Dawes County 4-H Handbook
2017 Veterinary Feed Directives Information
Livestock Premise ID Information
- Dawes County 4-H Foundation - Financial Assistance Form. Providing financial assistance for 4-H related activities and educational opportunities which occur outside of county lines.
- FSA Youth Loans - FS2301. Helping 4-H and FFA members purchase livestock, feed, and supplies for their projects.
- White River Feed in Chadron 4-H Feed Program. No interest and no application. 4-H members may charge their feed and pay after they sell their 4-H project animal.
- Farmer's Co-Op in Hemingford 4-H Feed Program - Application. Helping 4-H members finance their livestock feeding needs.
- Kickstarter is a website where people post descriptions of their projects and anyone can chip in to help. Some pledge a few bucks, others preorder the product by contributing above a certain level. It’s quite simple. You have a project you want to fund. You set a minimum amount to be raised. If you hit that target within 30 days of posting, everyone who pledged money gets their credit cards charged. You get the money and move forward with the project. If you do not reach the funding goal, nobody pays and you find another way to fund your project. Crowdfunding: Supporters, prospective customers collectively contribute money needed to get a product to market. Not a new concept; think of it as a glorified tip jar or a formal loan—not funded by a bank, but by people.
Animal Affidavits / Project Books:
- Bucket Calf Project Record Book
- Cow/Calf Pair
- Poultry Posters
Poultry Growth & Development
Layer Chicken Development
Cat Vaccination Form - Required by July 15 with Fair Registration
- Large Animal Guidelines for 2017
- Market Beef Weigh In Results 2017
CAREER PORTFOLIO AND AWARD INFORMATION:
Project Records - Scroll to bottom of the page for list
- NE4H9010- Nebraska 4-H Project Record doc
- NE4H9020- Nebraska 4-H Animal Project Record doc
- NE4H9030- Nebraska 4-H Companion Animal Project Record doc
- NE4H9040- Nebraska 4-H Junior Leader Project Record doc