February is Nebraska 4-H Month
Nebraska 4-H Month, traditionally held during February each year, is an opportunity to celebrate 4-H locally, recruit new members and volunteers, and have fun! In 2022, it will also be a time to celebrate all the ways in which 4-H helps young people find a sense of belonging. You’ll see the phrase “I BELONG” as a nod to our theme and intentions this year. There are many ways to celebrate Nebraska 4-H Month either individually or with your club or county! Below is a list of ways to get involved during the month of February.
1. Dates to celebrate:
· 4-H Spirit Day - Wednesday, February 2, 2022
· 4-H Volunteer Appreciation Day - Wednesday, February 9, 2022
· 4-H Weekend of Service - February 12-13, 2022
· 4-H Sponsor & Donor Appreciation Day - Wednesday, February 16, 2022
· 4-H Professional Appreciation Day - Wednesday, February 23, 2022
2. Apply the Nebraska 4-H – I Belong frame to your Facebook profile picture.
3. Consider hosting a Nebraska 4-H Instagram Takeover during Nebraska 4-H Month! The goal of our Instagram takeovers is to show the wide variety of opportunities in 4-H, provide a glimpse into what it's like to be involved in 4-H, and to help tell the stories of 4-H. Ideas for takeovers include:
· A day in the life of a 4-H volunteer, parent, professional etc.
· Behind-the-scenes of a 4-H project, contest, event, etc.
· 4-H community service projects
· To apply to take over the Nebraska 4-H Instagram, complete the form:
In Webster County, we’re offering additional ways to celebrate! Families can pick up their I Belong yard signs, wear a 4-H shirt on 4-H Spirit Day, submit their 2022 T-shirt design, and send thank you’s to your club leaders and local 4-H sponsors. Post on social media with the hashtag #NE4HMONTH to join others in celebrating!