2020 Pandemic Directions for Pesticide and Chemigation
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has declared the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak a pandemic. Nebraska Extension has canceled all in-person training, including chemigation and pesticide applicator training, starting March 16, 2020. This website pested.unl.edu/covid-19-information will serve as a hub for PSEP-related information during the interrupted training season. We will continue to update this page as things develop and more information becomes available.
Online Certification Options:
- Private Pesticide (for Initial and Recertification): https://psep.education/applicator/. If someone cannot do the online training due to lack of computer/internet connectivity, please call the Extension Pesticide Office at: 402-472-1632 or 800-627-7216. Written directions for the online Private Pesticide Training are available here: 2020 Online Private Pesticide Training Directions
- Initial Commercial/noncommercial Pesticide: Solely through FlipBooks. Purchase FlipBooks at psep.education/cart/. Testing through Nebraska Department of Agriculture has temporarily suspended all testing for private and commercial/noncommercial PSEP.
- Recertification Commercial/noncommercial Pesticide: Those already registered will be contacted. If you need to register, please contact Extension Pesticide Office at: 402-472-1632 or 800-627-7216.
- Chemigation (for Initial and Recertification): Course and Test: water.unl.edu/article/agricultural-irrigation/chemigation The entire process can be completed online for both recertification and initial.
- Dicamba: pested.unl.edu/dicamba
Your local SW 3 Nebraska Extension office is available to help anyone through this process. At this time, we are available via phone or email. Dundy County-308 423 2021 or email@example.com, Hayes County 308 286 3312 or firstname.lastname@example.org and Hitchcock County 308 334 5666 or email@example.com
Scroll down to the “Chemigation Course Directions”
- Click on Chemigation Course Directions Part 1 to make an eXtension Online Campus account
- After making your account follow the directions in Chemigation Course Directions Part 2 by clicking on it.
- Once enrolled in the course, choose if you are new or recertifying by clicking on the correct group.
- Recertifying producers can take the final test online and complete the process there
- New applicants will need to call the Nebraska Extension in Red Willow County 308 345 3390 to make arrangement to take the exam.