4-H Leadership, and Economic Development
4-H Enrollment Instructions
The Career Portfolio is a record that summarizes the 4-H'er's entire career. The green cardboard covers and tab dividers are available for purchase in the Exention Office. For county level judging, the Career Portfolio must include Project Record Books for each project completed. The portfolios are judged in September and are used to determine eligibility for awards at the county level. They are also necessary for 4-H Ambassador applications. Portfolios that win at the county level will be sent on to the state level. Winning books at the state level can then compete for National 4-H Youth Congress and 4-H National Convention.
Nebraska 4-H Career Portfolio page - instructions, help and downloads for the Career Portfolio
- Project Record Sheets - Scroll to bottom and choose a general, animal, companion animal or junior leader record book in MSWord format.
- 4-H Project Record Sheet (PDF) - for static projects
- 4-H Animal Record Sheet (PDF) - for market livestock
- 4-H Companion Animal Record Sheet (PDF) - for non-market animals: cat, dog, rabbit, household pets, poultry, horse
- 4-H Jr Leader Record Sheet (PDF) - for Jr Leader projects
- Career Portfolio Scoresheet - use this scoresheet as a guideline for filling in your Portfolio. PDF
- Career Portfolio Tips - use these reminders when completing your Portfolio.
- Sheridan County Award Application Form- this sheet goes in the front of your Career Portfolio.
- Sheridan 4-H Ambassador Application Form - due September 18th
- Ambassador Scoresheet
- Diamond Clover Program - Awards program based on age appropriate activities completed outside of Fair week.
Martha and Don Romeo Scholarship - due to the Extension Office by December 1st.
Sheridan County 4-H Resource Book
2017 Resource Book Sections
State Fair Premier Science Award Application (PDF, 375KB)
The 4-H newsletter is published and mailed out to each 4-H family during the first week of each month. This newsletter is the main way information is communicated from the Extension office to our 4-H participants. Each month you will find informative articles on upcoming events, scholarships, leadership activities, club news and important reminders. The files are PDF files and will require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader download.
Abobe Acrobat Reader - free PDF download