- Companion Animal
- Livestock Identification
- Premise ID
- State Fair
- Market Beef Weigh Day - Rescheduled for Saturday, Feb,. 1
- UNL Animal Science - Beef
- 4-H Bucket Calf Project Guide For 4-H'ers and Parents
- Extension.org - Beef
- How to order Scrapie tags
Meat Goat Showmanship - YouTube
4-H Meat Goat Guide - Texas A&M University
Poultry Showmanship - YouTube by Brett Kreifels
Rabbit ID Form - Due June 15
Rabbit Project Resources (pdf)
Showmanship & Grooming Information - Nebraska Extension in Lancaster County
Showmanship Presentation Powerpoint - Nebraska Extension in Lancaster County
Sample Schowmanship Script - Use this as a guideline to write your own script
How To Tattoo A Rabbit - YouTube Video or Tattooing A Rabbit - University of Minnesota
4-H Youth ages 8-18 (as of Jan. 1) and FFA youth up to age 21 MUST complete Quality Assurance and have certificate on file at Extension Office by June 1st! This requirement must be met each year. Two options are available for 4-H member - indpependent online course or attend a Face-to-Face training. FFA members ages 19-21 can only complete the independent online course.
Exhibitors of 4-H and FFA market beef, feeder calves and swine that carry an EID tag will be requried to submit a Premise ID number obtained through the Nebraska Department of Agriculture at no cost to the exhibitor. Exhibitors will not be allowed to exhibit at the Nebraska State Fair without a Premise ID being supplied to the Extension Office.
As in the past, ALL market swine exhibitors must have a Premise ID on file to exhibit at County Fair also.
While we realize at this time you may not know if you are planning to exhibit at the Nebraska State Fair (must be 10 years as of Jan. 1) we would suggest obtaining your Premise ID now as it will be required for future fairs and shows.
If you already have a Premine ID, please mail a copy of the letter with your Premise ID that you recieved or download the Premise ID Form linked below and complete the information and return to the Extension Office by June 15.
If you received a Premise ID previously, you can verify your Premise ID by calling 402 471-2351.
If you do not have a Premise ID, please read the "Steps For Obtaining Premise ID" in the Premise ID & My Youth Livestock Project Flyer linked below.
- Nebraska 4-H at the State Fair (Premium Book, scoresheets, etc)
- Website for Entering Animals and Livestock for the State Fair: http://nebr.fairwire.com/ - Website closes at 5 p.m. CST on August 10, 2019
- NOTE OF IMPORTANCE: 2019 BEEF SHOW (4-H & FFA) WILL BE "BLOW & GO" - NO FIT SHOW. "Blow & Go" Guidelines
- Please read your sections of the State Fair book for information pertaining to your animals and grooming rules.
- Health Requirements for Animals
- General Livestock Rules and Regulations
- Exhibitor Resources (Stall assignments, Ethics Affidavits, etc.)
- Animal Entry Limits
- State Fair Schedule for Animals (Subject to change)
- Livestock Check-In Trailer Hours
- 4-H & FFA Check-In, Weigh-In and In Place Schedule
- Nebraska State Fair
Ak-Sar-Ben Stock Show - Entry deadline is Aug. 30
September 26-29, 2019
2019 Schedule - NOTE CHANGES FROM PRIOR YEARS!
Premium Book - Rev. Sept. 5
- No longer a 4-H livestock show with no prerequisite of a youth organization affiliate. Questions about theAk-Sar-Ben Stock Show should be directed to Shelby Leonhard at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth must be 9-19 years of age as of Jan. 1st to enter
- Ak-Sar-Ben Entry Information - Entries will be made online.
- Entry Deadline is Aug. 30
- Entry website
- Entry Instructions - PLEASE READ!
- NEW NON-TERMINAL SWINE OPTION
- Entry Limits: Refunds are not available if you enter more than the limits!
4 - Market Beef and 1 Calf Challenge (5 total)
4 - Breeding Heifers
4 - Market Lambs & 1 Lamb Challenge (5 total)
4 - Breeding Ewes
4- Market Swine
4 - Meat Goats
4- Breeding Does