4-H programs are grounded in the belief that youth learn best by doing. Youth complete hands-on projects in areas like science, health, agriculture and citizenship, in a positive environment where they receive guidance from adult mentors. Youth can concentrate on one focus area or they can try a variety of programs throughout their 4‑H experience.
Navigating Your Experience
- Sign Up: The Clover Kid program is available for children ages 5-7 and the 4‑H program is open for youth ages 8-18. 4-H is free to join and the cost to participate varies based on programs the youth becomes involved in.
- Pick Your Programs: Decide how your family would like to be involved in the program by exploring and registering youth for the programs which fit their interests. Youth may attend afterschool clubs, the library craft club, summer workshops, and/or community club meetings. 4-H in Pawnee County is organized by Nebraska Extension, but many of the programs are run by parents and volunteers.
- Digging Deeper: A great resource for new families is our Pawnee County 4-H Family Handbook. This will help answer some of your questions and give you more information about what activities are available for your child to participate in.
If you have any questions please contact the office to arrange a time to meet with staff or speak with your club leader.
Pawnee County 4-H Family Handbook
New to 4-H and not sure where to start?!? Take a few minutes to read through our 4-H Family Handbook to help answer your questions.
Enrolling in 4-H
The 4-H program runs October to September. Our online enrollment portal will open each October.
- The enrollment deadline for new 4-H youth is June 15. Refer to the enrollment instruction sheet for new 4-H youth.
- The enrollment for volunteers is June 15.
Youth who miss the enrollment deadline may be allowed to exhibit/show for participation ribbons only, they may not be awarded any prize money and may not be eligible for awards or be selected for state fair. Late enrollments must be approved by the 4-H Foundation.
Families will need to log on to ne.4honline.com to enroll or re-enroll.
Clover Kids & 4-H County Clubs
The program is open to new and existing 4-H youth. We will meet one evening each month from March through July to teach 4-H families the basics of the 4-H Youth Development Program. It is our hope that upon completion of these meetings, your family will have acquired the knowledge to continue the program by forming a new club, joining a club, or becoming successful Independent 4-H members.
During the one hour meetings, parents will meeting with staff to learn about the basics of 4-H and youth will complete fun and educational hands-on learning activities.
Clover Explorers is open to youth age 5-7. For more information click here.
Growing Green is opne to youth ages 8-18. For more information click here.