Being Successful in College Starts with Preparation Now
If you were enrolled in the Pawnee County 4-H program as an 8th grader, you may have received information participating in Next Chapter programs and being pre-admitted to UNL. Next Chapter is a college-readiness program delivered through the Nebraska 4-H program that helps students prepare for and succeed in college by providing the skills students need to reach their academic goals.
The Next Chapter program:
- Inspires youth to choose to continue their education after high school.
- Helps students pair their interests with career choices.
- Develops college and career readiness skill along with life skills such as social skills, stress management, self-discipline, self-motivation, and responsibility.
Chapter 1 is for 9th Graders (Open Now)
Chapter 2 is for 10th Graders (2019)
Chapter 3 is for 11th Graders (2020)
Chapter 4 is for 12th Graders (2021)
In Pawnee County, 4-H members may choose to participate in the online Next Chapter program or attend a regional or state-wide event.
Online Next Chapter Program
- Begin by creating an account with eXension (https://campus.extension.org). NOTE: You may have an existing account if you enrolled and took the Nebraska QA online through eXension. In which case use existing account.
- Locate the online program by searching “Nebraska Next Chapter”, click on the course title, and click on the button titled “Enroll Me”.
- Watch the videos and complete the digital projects for your Chapter. Turn in completed lessons to Pawnee County’s Extension Office to receive credit.
Regional or State-Wide Next Chapter Events
- Dates and locations for these programs will be mailed to your house, but they typically occur in the spring.