County Fair: July 23-28, 2018
- Refer to the Animal Identification Guidelines for a breakdown of requirements for County, State, and AKSARBEN requirements and deadlines.
- All ID Sheets must be turned into the Extension Office by the deadline for livestock exhibited at the county fair.
- Families are responsible for submitting online the DNA information (Market Beef, Market Sheep, Market Swine, Meat Goats and Feeder Calves) or the nomiation information (Breeding Heifers, Breeding Does, Breeding Ewes, Dairy Cattle, & Horse) for livestock exhibited at State Fair and/or AKSARBEN. Here is a complete list of the step-by-step instructions on how to make an online nomination to enter livestock into state fair or AKSARBEN.
- Livestock Quality Assurance will be transitioning to Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) effective March 1st. YQCA will be available through 4honline.com. The cost will be $12.00 per youth per year.
Static Exhibit Challenge
- The Pawnee County 4-H Foundation will be hosting a yard game challenge.
Superintendent and Volunteer List
- The crowned 2018 Pawnee County Fair Queen will serve as the official hostess of the Pawnee County Fair. The Queen strives to promote the Pawnee County Fair, and in so doing, promotes all areas of Nebraska agriculture. The Fair Queen is talented, personable, and an agriculture advocate.
- 2018 Fair Queen Application
- FFA members may participate in Pawnee County's 4-H Fair. During the fair, FFA members will be considered 4-H members and will adhere to all 4-H rules and regulations.
County Fair Schedule
Livestock Premium Sale - July 28, 2pm
County Fair Results
State Fair & AKSARBEN Animal Nomination
Nomination Deadlines for 2018:
April 15, 2018 - Market Beef DNA Information due and paid for online.
April 20, 2018 - All DNA Collector Envelopes for Market Beef are due to 4-H/AKSARBEN office.
June 15, 2018 - All DNA information for Market Sheep, Market Swine, Meat Goats and Feeder Calves due and paid for online.
June 15, 2018 - Breeding Heifers, Breeding Does, Breeding Ewes, Dairy Cattle, & Horses - Nomination information entered online.
June 20, 2018 - All DNA Collector Envelopes for Market Sheep, Market Swine, Meat Goats and Feeder Calves due to 4-H/AKSARBEN offices.
July 8, 2018 - Broiler order and entry forms due and paid for online.
** Check the Nomination Information page on AKSARBEN website for information about procedures for your specific state. **
All Nominations must be paid for online via debit or credit card through PayPal. A nomination is not considered complete until it has been paid for and the envelope has been received by 4-H/AKSARBEN.
State Fair: August 24 - September 3, 2018
State Fair Livestock Entry is now open and August 10 is the deadline to sign up to exhibit animals. Link: https://www.statefair.org/p/getinvolved/4h-ffa
AKSARBEN: Sept. 27 - 30, 2018