Job Opportunities at the Panhandle Research and Extension Center and Panhandle Extension District
Extension Educator -- The Learning Child (Box Butte County)
Do you have the drive to help us impact children and their families in positive ways? Can you be a strong regional expert and develop focused, comprehensive learning programs that help create environments and experiences for children that result in improved school readiness and enhanced social-emotional growth and development? University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension is an organization that values individuals who excel, adapt easily, exhibit passion for helping others, and are excellent communicators. As a member of the UNL Extension team you will collaborate with research and extension faculty who are leaders in their field. You will work with high performing teams to create and deliver world class, innovative learning experiences that empower Nebraskans to improve their lives around critical issues.
We have an excellent opportunity for a full-time faculty position located in Alliance, Nebraska and serving the Northern Panhandle Region of Nebraska. We want individuals who are self-directed and able to work in a flexible environment. The focus of this position will interact closely with parents, teachers, early childhood professionals and caregivers of young children in their geographic area as well as statewide based on the intentions of the statewide action team. The outcomes of this focused extension educational program include creating environments and experiences for children ages 0 to 5 that result in improved school readiness and enhanced social emotional growth and development.
- Master’s degree required; one degree in child development, human development, early childhood education or closely related field. Master’s degree must be completed by start date.
- Successful experience teaching in a formal or non-formal setting.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (i.e. publications, teaching experiences, web-based educational and social media technologies, presentations.)
- Experience and demonstrated ability in working with parents, teachers, early childhood professionals and caregivers of young children.
- Experience in working with individuals, coworkers, and teams to accomplish individual and/or group goals, as evidenced by college, career, and/or community activities.
- Outstanding leadership skills as demonstrated by roles in college, career, and/or community activities.
- Ability to utilize electronic and online technologies for educational program delivery.
- Understanding of different ethnic and socioeconomic audiences and a commitment to developing and delivering both inclusive and targeted programming.
- Successful experience in developing financial support for educational programs including grant writing, fund generation, contracting and/or cost recovery efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and programs.
Review of applications will begin on 10/13/17. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found or search is closed. Candidates must apply online at http://employment.unl.edu, requisition number F_170108. Click “Apply for this position” or sign on and complete or review existing information form.
You will be required to attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- List of three professional references
- Unofficial (or official) transcripts, or grade report listing courses taken, the institution where they were taken and final grade, must be attached to the online application (as “Other Document”), or attached to an email and sent to email@example.com, or faxed to 402-624-8010. Please make sure to blacken out your social security number before you send or upload your transcripts/grade report.
Temporary harvest worker
Assist UNL Panhandle Research and Extension Center during the 2017 fall harvest season. We need people that are able to work outside on dry bean fields. Must be over the age of 18 and able to bend for hand harvest as well as carry 25 – 40 pounds. Duties include: cleaning or removing weeds, harvesting beans, and seed cleaning. Must be available Monday to Friday during 7:00am to 4:00pm. Additionally, we are bilingual (Spanish & English). Criminal background check required. UNL does not discriminate based upon any protected status. Please call the Business Center at 308-633-3101 or apply in person at Panhandle Research and Extension Center, 4502 Avenue I, Scottsbluff.
More information about the University of Nebraska Panhandle Research and Extension Center: http://extension.unl.edu/statewide/panhandle/aboutus
All UNL listings at https://employment.unl.edu