On Behalf of the Nebraska Association of Fair managers, we would like present the Don and Martha Romeo Scholarship to one qualifying 4-H male and to one qualifying 4-H female who are graduating seniors in the State of Nebraska and who plan to continue with post high school education for the amount of $500 each. The scholarship will be awarded at the annual NAFM convention in January.
The selection of the scholarship recipients will be made by the NAFM Scholarship
Committee whose members will consider the following:
1. Each applicant must have exhibited his/her 4-H projects in a County Fair or at the
State Fair within the last four years.
2. Each applicant must hold a 2.5 high school grade point average (based on a 4.0
system). Each applicant must also maintain a 2.5 grade point average for the first
semester in college and carry at least 12 credit hours.
3. Each applicant must agree to apply the scholarship funds for tuition or fees at a
two or four year college or its equivalent, to be judged by the committee.
4. Each applicant must have demonstrated support for his/her school and
5. Each applicant must exhibit during the application process a desire to achieve the
goals of which he/she is capable.
6. Financial need will not be considered in the selection process.
7. One male and/or female finalist will be selected by the 4-H award committee in
each local Extension Office.
8. Recipients are requested to personally accept the award at the Nebraska Fair