Tips to Prevent COVID-19
Protect yourself and others by preventing the spread of viruses such as COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact (within 6 feet) with those who are sick.
- Stay home when sick- except to get medical care.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or inside of your sleeve.
- Wash hands frequently with soap, lathering for at least 20 seconds. If soap and warm water is not available use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose.
- At home and work, clean with a disinfectant frequently touched surfaces: door knobs, handles, keyboards, telephones, remote controls.
If you have respiratory symptoms that you think is COVID-19 call Panhandle Public Health District at (308) 262-5764 day or night, and seek medical care. Before going to a medical facility call to notify them that you suspect your illness is COVID-19 so they are prepared. Symptoms include fever, coughing and shortness of breath.The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website has daily updates about COVID-19. Learn more about COVID-19 at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html.