Nebraska Extension will offer ServSafe® Manager Training Program for food service managers and employees Aug. 4-5, 2021 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. in Scottsbluff, at the Panhandle Research and Extension Center, 4502 Avenue I.
Registrations are due by July 2, along with the registration fee. Space may be limited.
- Servsafe Training Brochure with registration
- or contact Nebraska Extension at 308-262-1022 or 308-632-1480, or Extension Educator Tammie Ostdiek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Providing safe food to customers is an ultimate goal of restaurants and food services. The ServSafe®Manager Training is the industry leader for food service training and is part of the National Restaurant Association Management Certification Program. Over 1 million food service managers and employees have been certified through ServSafe®.
Food service managers will learn at the training about preventing food safety issues they face daily, including these key topics:
- Providing safe food
- Preventing contamination, food-borne illness and food allergens
- The safe food handler
- Avoiding hazards in purchasing, receiving and storing food
- Safe food preparation, holding and service
- Food safety management systems
- Safe facilities and pest management
- Cleaning and sanitizing
Participants will receive the latest edition of ServSafe® Manager book and materials, and exam-processing fee. They will be responsible for their own lunches. They also may take the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification exam at the conclusion of the training.