The University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension will host the 2020 BeefWatch Webinar Series. The webinars will take place weekly beginning on Tuesday, October 6 at 8:00 pm central time.
The BeefWatch Webinar series is designed to highlight management strategies in grazing, nutrition, reproduction, and economics to increase cow/calf and stocker production efficiency and profitability. Each session will feature industry experts and plenty of opportunity to interact to get your questions answered.
Each webinar will begin at 8:00 PM Central Time.
Topics and speakers are as follows:
- October 6, Range Condition Monitoring
- Dr. Mitchell Stephenson, Panhandle Research Extension Center
- Do you know how your management is affecting your grass productivity? Mitch will discuss rangeland monitoring data collection, variability in plant communities, and the influence of grazing management on vegetation characteristics. Register here
- October 13, Nutritional Management of Growing Calves
- October 20, Heifer Selection and Development
- Dr. Travis Mulliniks, West Central Research and Extension Center
- Nutritional management of heifers prior to the breeding season. Travis will cover nutritional strategies and potential pitfalls in heifer nutritional management and how to decide which strategy is best for your operation. Register here.
- October 27, BeefWatch Talk - Chat with the Experts
- This session is all about getting your questions answered! The presenters of webinars for the month will be joined by authors from this month's BeefWatch Newsletter to discuss any ideas or questions that you have related to forage, cow/calf, or stocker production. Register here
There is no cost to participate in this webinar series.