Nebraska is nationally known as the Beef State. Our team provides research-based information and resources to beef producers to help them provide an economical, safe, quality product to consumers while protecting and preserving Nebraska's vast natural resources.
Active in all 93 counties and at beef.unl.edu
Jesse Fulton, Extension Educator, Director of Nebraska Beef Quality Assurance
This article appears in the October BeefWatch online newsletter at University of Nebraska-Lincoln's beef production website, https://beef.unl.edu. A new BeefWatch is posted every month, and interviews with the authors of BeefWatch newsletter articles become available throughout the month of publication and are accessible at https://go.unl.edu/podcast.
Karla Wilke, Cow-Calf Range Management Specialist, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Panhandle Research and Extension Center
This article and other research-based beef news are available on beef.unl.edu, Nebraska Extension’s beef cattle production website. Interviews with the authors of BeefWatch newsletter articles become available throughout the month of publication and are accessible at https://go.unl.edu/podcast.
Latest Updates from beef.unl.edu
- Updated Nebraska Cow Herd System Budgets Available Now
- Current Drivers and Atypical Seasonal Patterns in the Cull Cow Cutout
- The Impact of Price and Management on Culling Decisions
- LRP Insurance for Fed Cattle and Put Options: Farmer-Feeder Considerations
- Cow-Calf College to be held January 25th
- How to Develop a Custom Calving Agreement
- Cow Herd Appraisal Performance Software (CHAPS) Benchmark Data – A Review
- Differences Between High-, Medium-, and Low-Profit Cow-Calf Producers: An Analysis of 2016-2020 Kansas Farm Management Association Cow-Calf Enterprise – A Review
- Know Your Numbers, Know Your Options
- Three-State Beef Conference: Long-term Planning for the Cow Herd