Nebraska is nationally known as the Beef State. Our team provides research-based information and resources to beef producers to help them provide an economical, safe, quality product to consumers while protecting and preserving Nebraska's vast natural resources.
Active in all 93 counties and at beef.unl.edu
Aaron Berger, Beef Educator Nebraska Extension
When beef producers look at annual cow costs and doing an economic analysis, three categories tend to make up the largest percentage of total costs: feed, labor/equipment and cow depreciation. Other expenses, such as breeding expense and veterinary costs, tend to be significantly less than the “Big Three.”
Latest Updates from beef.unl.edu
- Extension Study Seeks Ranchers’ Input on Grassland Conservation Programs
- Registration Opens for 2021 Nebraska Ranch Practicum
- Federal Livestock Insurance Market Performance and Use in Nebraska
- New Extension Land Link Program Connects Land Seekers with Retiring Landowners
- Nebraska Extension to Host Beefwatch Webinar Series on Drought Management
- Managing Postpartum Anestrus in Beef Cows for a Successful Breeding Season
- Will Record Cold Temperatures Bring Bigger Calf Birthweights?
- 2021 Feedlot Roundtable Webinars
- Grazing and Forage Management During and After Drought
- Will Seasonality Patterns for Beef Export Sales and Commitments Hold in 2021?