Nebraska Extension will conduct chemigation certification training sessions beginning in February through early June at Scottsbluff, Sidney, Bridgeport, Alliance and Valentine, as well as other sites around Nebraska, such as Ogallala, North Platte and Ainsworth.
Producers who plan to apply crop nutrients and pesticides through irrigation systems during 2020, including those whose 2019 permits expired Dec. 31, are required to attend a training session and pass the test administered afterward. Attendees are asked to pre-register at the extension office whose session they plan to attend. They will receive a training manual and calibration workbook to review before the training session.
On the day of the session, they are asked to bring the manual, calibration workbook, No. 2 pencil, and a calculator. There is no charge. Training and testing will take approximately two to three hours.
More information and a complete schedule of training sessions throughout Nebraska is available at https://water.unl.edu/article/agricultural-irrigation/chemigation
For more information about chemigation requirements in a specific area, contact the local NRD. For answers to questions about the online training program, contact the local Extension office or the Presticide Safety Education Program at 402-472-1632, or email email@example.com
Dates, times and locations for the western-most sessions are listed below.
- North Platte, Jan. 29: 1 p.m. CST, West Central Research and Extension Center. Contact 308-696-6783.
- Alliance, Feb. 6: 8:30 a.m. and 1 p.m., Box Butte County Extension Office. Contact 308-762-5616.
- Ogallala, Feb. 11: 1 p.m., Keith County Fairgrounds. Contact 308-696-6783.
- Sidney, Feb. 26: 1 p.m., Cheyenne County Community Center, 627 Toledo St. Contact 308-254-4455.
- Bridgeport, March 12: 1 p.m., Prairie Winds Community Center. Contact 308-632-1480.
- North Platte, March 12: 9 a.m. CST, West Central Research and Extension Center. Contact 308-696-6783.
- Scottsbluff, March 26: 1 p.m., UNL Panhandle Research and Extension Center. Contact 308-632-1480.
- Ainsworth, March 31: 1:30 p.m. CDT, Lutheran Church. Contact 402-336-2760.
- Valentine, April 2: 1:30 p.m., Cherry County Courthouse. Contact 402-336-2760.
- North Platte, April 8: 1 p.m. CDT, West Central Research and Extension Center. Contact 308-696-6783.
- North Platte, May 12: 1 p.m. CDT, West Central Research and Extension Center. Contact 308-696-6783.
- North Platte, June 4: 1 p.m. CDT, West Central Research and Extension Center. Contact 308-696-6783.