2022 Lincoln County 1st Annual Pig Lottery
1. Pigs will be placed in a separate class of lottery only, not market.
2. Will be a gilt and barrow class.
3. There will be a Champion and Reserve Champion gilt and Champion and Reserve Champion barrow. There will be a live show overall Champion and live show overall Reserve Champion. There will also be an Overall Champion and Overall Reserve Champion (this is the exhibitor with the most points from all categories)
4. The Live show Over All champion and Reserve champion will compete with the 4H live show. Exhibitors will be limited to three market hogs which may include one lottery pig.
5. Exhibitors will pay around $150 for the pig, depending upon market conditions for pigs. The amount may be more so plan accordingly.
6. Exhibitors will pay a non-refundable $50.00 deposit when registering for the Lottery Pig Project.
7. Exhibitors must register by March 1st for the Lottery Pig Project.
8. Exhibitors will have their first meeting in April at the fairgrounds in the beef barn and this is when the pig selection will take place. Plan on taking your pig home this day.
9. Points will be given as such:
- 10 points per meeting attend – two meetings will be scheduled (20 points total) Meetings will be in April which is pig selection and early June.
- Average daily gain will be 1st purple is 20 points; 2nd purple 19 points; the other pigs will be awarded points per ribbon placing Purple 17 points; Blue 16 points; Red 15 points; White 14 points
- Showmanship will only be allowed with lottery pigs 1st purple 20 points; 2nd purple 19 points; Purples 17 points; Blue 16 points; Red 15 points; White 14 points
- Lottery live show – 1st purple is 20 points; 2nd purple 19 points; Purple 17 points; Blue 16 points; Red 15 points; White 14 points
G048-900 Lottery Pig Junior Showmanship
G048-901 Lottery Pig Intermediate Showmanship
G048-902 Lottery Pig Senior Showmanship
G048-903 Lottery Pig Gilt
G048-904 Lottery Pig Barrow