Looking for learning opportunities you can do from home? Nebraska 4-H is now offering a variety of virtual learning experiences, such as Living Room Learning (Tuesdays & Thursdays) and Boredom Buster Challenges (Mondays & Wednesdays). For more learning opportunities you can do from home visit https://4h.unl.edu/virtual-home-learning.
- Living Room Learning (3rd-5th grades) - Join us each Tuesday and Thursday afternoon at 2pm CT/1pm MT to complete an activity from the comfort of your own home. Living Room Learning is targeted toward youth in grades 3-5 (along with their parents/caretakers!) and will provide a hands-on virtually guided activity where youth will learn more about healthy living, science, technology, and more! Each session, led by Nebraska Extension faculty/staff from across the state, will last approximately 30 minutes in length and will focus on a new activity that can be completed with materials found at home. Youth do not need to be current 4-H members to participate; Living Room Learning is a FREE program brought to you by Nebraska 4-H Youth Development. Register now at https://4h.unl.edu/living-room-learning! Not able to join? On-demand recordings will be made available following the live session.
- Boredom Buster Challenge (6th-9th grades) - Tune in every Monday and Wednesday afternoon at 2:00 PM CT/1:00 PM MT for the Boredom Buster Challenge! Each week, youth will be given a problem to solve using materials found in their home. Through these hands-on virtually guided challenges youth will learn about entrepreneurship, healthy living, science, technology, and more! Each session will be recorded and made available for on-demand viewing. Youth do not need to be 4-H members to participate.
- Virtual Field Trips (9th-12th grades) -Join Nebraska 4-H each Tuesday at 11:00 AM CT/10:00 AM MT as we go on-site to learn more about science, technology, careers, and more! Virtual field trips offer facility tours, educational experiences, and additional resources for teachers. Each session will be recorded and made available for on-demand viewing. Youth do not need to be 4-H members to participate.
- Activity Videos - Self-paced activity videos are designed to guide youth in completing a project at home. To work at their own pace, youth may pause videos, complete a step, and resume the video when they're ready. These videos can help youth prepare fair exhibits, complete science projects, and learn about a topic of interest.
- A Beautiful Day (ages 1-8) -A Beautiful Day is a virtual early childhood space designed to connect with children and families in Nebraska and across the world. The Nebraska College of Education and Human Sciences created the space as a way to share ideas, foster learning and play, and to support caregivers experiencing social distancing.
- Online Courses - are self-paced learning opportunities offering educational information about specific topics and projects. Includes Cat Club and Companion Rabbit Science.
Activity Guides are also available at the site below.
Visit https://4h.unl.edu/virtual-home-learning for more learning opportunities you can do from home.