If you have questions on any of the programs and events, please contact the Extension Office.
Knox County Upcoming Workshops:
- Equine Webinar Series is a great way for 4-H leaders, parents and senior aged youth to gain knowledge in various equine-related topic areas. Each month, a new topic will be covered with various experts joining to share their experience and expertise.
- 4-H District Horse Shows - for 2020 have been cancelled. All youth will be allowed to enter the Fonner Park
- State 4-H Horse Expo will be held July 12-16, 2020 at the Fonner Park in Grand Island. the Expo includes the state horse show, hippology contest, and horse judging contest as well as additional activities.
- Cat Club is a self-paced learning opportunity offering information about caring for and showing cats. The Cat Club is open to all youth regardless of age, as well as adults and volunteers looking to learn more about cats and the 4-H cat project. The monthly lessons will be made accessible online on the 5th of each month from September through May.
- Annual Achievement Application
- Diamond Clover Program
- Nebraska 4-H Club of Excellence
- Citizenship Washington Focus
- Governor's Agricultural Excellence Award (must be submitted by March 1, 2020) The purpose of the Nebraska 4-H Foundation’s Governor’s Ag Excellence Awards, sponsored by the Nebraska Investment Finance Authority (NIFA), is to recognize 4-H clubs for the work of the individuals in the club and the community service work of the entire club. Recognition is in the form of $500 checks issued to the club’s treasury to be used as described in the award application completed by the club.
Next Chapter Nebraska Event - a college-readiness program delivered through the Nebraska 4-H Program that helps 8th grade students prepare for and succeed in college by providing the skills students need to reach their academic goals.