Beef Systems Extension Educator, Connor Biehler, has recently released a website that can be found at https://bigredbeeftalk.unl.edu/. The purpose of this website is to provide a hub for southeastern Nebraska beef producers, or those interested in southeast Nebraska beef production. This four-tab website includes everything from blogs and relevant educational materials to current markets and local weather conditions.
Nebraska is nationally known as the Beef State. Our team provides research-based information and resources to beef producers to help them provide an economical, safe, quality product to consumers while protecting and preserving Nebraska's vast natural resources.
Active in all 93 counties and at beef.unl.edu
Winter is here, fall breeding is completed, spring calving cows are in their third trimester and the next big event on the farm (with exception of the winter chores everybody loves) is spring calving. This is arguably the most crucial time of year for most operations, so it is pertinent to be prepared to have calves hitting the ground at least a month prior to your first calving date. The subsequent practices should be considered when preparing for the upcoming calving season.
Latest Updates from beef.unl.edu
- Planning for Spring Annual Forages
- 2022 Beef Feedlot Roundtables in Bridgeport, North Platte, West Point
- Cow Nutrition Considerations at Calving and Early Lactation
- The Value of Hay as Fertilizer
- Feedlots Towards Estimated National Herd Contraction
- Silage for Beef Cattle Conference: Small Grain Silage Set for March 17th
- Updated Nebraska Cow Herd System Budgets Available Now
- Current Drivers and Atypical Seasonal Patterns in the Cull Cow Cutout
- The Impact of Price and Management on Culling Decisions
- LRP Insurance for Fed Cattle and Put Options: Farmer-Feeder Considerations