Johnson County 4-H Council
Kirk Bartels, West Elk Creek
Sharon Heusman, Sterling Livestock
Jim Erickson, Spoons & Spools
Sioux Baumgartner, Future of America Leaders (F.O.A.L.)
Cristine Andrews, East Tecumseh
Flo Jones, Johnson County Mustangs
Emily Little, Spring Creek Shooters
The responsibility of the Council is to...
- Secure and manage private resources and fund-raising efforts to support local 4-H youth development programs.
- Assist in planning and executing a well-balanced program for 4-H youth with both short- and long-term goals.
- Support local policy development, while understanding and abiding by state and national guidelines.
- Promote volunteer leadership development and empower adults and youth to assume leadership roles in the 4-H program.
- Serve as a community connector between the 4-H program and the Extension Board, Agricultural Society (Fair Board), other youth organizations, and the public.
- Advocate the philosophy of the 4-H youth development program and serve as an advocate for youth.
- Develop and maintain a robustly active Council membership that works in cooperation with the Extension staff to have a strong program in the best interest of youth.
- Provide a recognition program for volunteers and youth in the 4-H program.
Third Monday of....