Johnson County 4-H Council
2021 Adult and Youth Members
Kirk Bartels, West Elk Creek
Sharon Heusman, Sierra Goracke, Sterling 4-H
Jim Erickson, Community
Sioux Baumgartner, Future of America Leaders (F.O.A.L.)
Cristine Andrews, Dakota Andrews, East Tecumseh
Flo Jones, Alyssa Pierce, Johnson County Mustangs
Nate Werner, Spring Creek Shooters
The responsibility of the Council is to...
- Secure and manage private resources and fund-raising efforts to support local 4-H youth development programs.
- Assist in planning and executing a well-balanced program for 4-H youth with both short- and long-term goals.
- Support local policy development, while understanding and abiding by state and national guidelines.
- Promote volunteer leadership development and empower adults and youth to assume leadership roles in the 4-H program.
- Serve as a community connector between the 4-H program and the Extension Board, Agricultural Society (Fair Board), other youth organizations, and the public.
- Advocate the philosophy of the 4-H youth development program and serve as an advocate for youth.
- Develop and maintain a robustly active Council membership that works in cooperation with the Extension staff to have a strong program in the best interest of youth.
- Provide a recognition program for volunteers and youth in the 4-H program.
2021 Meeting Schedule
Third Monday of....
- March 30 7pm
- May 17 8pm
- June 28 8pm
- July 8pm
- September TBD