Holt/Boyd 4-H Pre-Fair Contests and Events
2018 Summer Workshops
- Summer Workshops - This is the link to the Online Qualtric Registration Form - we will not take phone calls. Workshops Include: Swedish Tea Ring & Soft Pretzel; Barn Quilt; Clover Kid-STEM"Ooey Gooey" Science Workshop; Science Workshop; Human Development; Table Setting Contest; Sand Painting; Terrariums; Beginning Crochet; String Art; Rockets; Beef Showmanship; and Sheep Showmanship
- Summer Workshop Flyer - This is the link to read more information about the Workshops.
- Camp Cooking Class - This is useful for HL: Cooking 101, 201, 301, 401
- ***Parents, Older Siblings, and Leaders who can attend would be greatly appreciated, please let us know if you’re available!
2019 Holt/Boyd Tractor Operators Contest
- June 25, 2019 - NOTE: TIME AND LOCATION CHANGE - 1:30 p.m. - Boyd County Courthouse, Butte (for the quiz) and the Pete Anderson Memorial Field, Butte (for parts id and driving course)
- One Contest held in Boyd County Only - For participants of BOTH counties
- 4-H and FFA will participate together.
- To be eligible to drive the course you must have been enrolled in an Ag Class in school this last school year and/or have completed all 4 units of the 4-H Tractor Manual and be at least 12 years old prior to January 1. All ages can take the quiz and complete the practicals but only those youths 12 and older can drive the course.Participants will answer all questions on the quiz, identify incorrect or faulty maintenance and safety items, identify parts, and drive the course.
- Age Divisions will be Senior (14 & Older), Junior (11-13) and Novices (8-10).
- Holt/Boyd Tractor Operator Contest Registration Form ( 2 pages - Due June 18, 2018 - download it to your Adobe Reader and then type into form and submit by email )
- 2018 Flyer
2019 Boyd County Small Animal Show
- June 25, 2019 - Boyd County Fairgrounds, Spencer
- Dogs - 6:30 p.m.
- Clover Kid Dog Show and Tell will be held prior to 4-H Dogs
- Small Animal Registration and Show - 7:00 p.m. - Between Kitchen Building and
4-H Building, Boyd County Fairgrounds, Spencer
- Clover Kid Show and Tell will be held prior to to Show of the same species
- Be sure to bring your signed Vet Check Papers - You will be unable to show without Signed Vet Check Paper on all of your animals.
- 2018 Flyer
Pre-Fair Day Information -
- Holt/Boyd Pre-Fair Entry Due Date - June 24
- Boyd County Pre-Fair Day - July 10, 2019 at St. Mary's Hall, Spencer, NE
- Holt County Pre-Fair Day - July 9, 2019 at Faith Community Church, Solid Rock Building, O’Neill
- Information and Forms
- Pre-Fair Day Letter - 2 pages letter with information about Pre-Fair Day
- Pre-Fair Day Registration Form - 3 page registration for Clover Kid and 4-H members - Clothing Construction, Modeling, Presentations, Table Setting Contest, Talent Contest, and Tractor Driving Contest.
- Fashion Show Narration Form - there are two version of this form - fill out and return either one
- Modeled Shopping In Style Purchased Outfit and Written Report SF184 - doc | pdf
- STEAM Sewing Skills by Level - 389.5 kb pdf file - 2 pages
- Table Setting Contest
- Interview Judging Information
- Go to this page to learn how to Interview Judge, watch several You Tube videos on Interview Judging and for the Absentee Interview Judging Form.