Are You Interested in Joining 4-H -
Enrollment/Re-Enrollment Deadlines for both Holt County and Boyd County 4-H is April 1.
- Check out the Holt/Boyd 4-H Clover Kids Enrollment Webpage for details
Holt/Boyd Clover Kid Handbook
New 4-H Family Information
Summer Workshop Flyer -
- Holt/Boyd Summer Workshop Flyer
This will be online ASAP.
- Holt/Boyd 4-H Google Calendar
- Holt/Boyd 4-H Clover Kid Enrollment and Due Date List
- Holt/Boyd 4-H Livestock Due Date List
Holt/Boyd Fair Regulation Book -
- Clover Kid Section
Dress Code -
- Holt County Dress Code - Clover Kid members will wear blue jeans, white shirt, or blouse
that is long enough to be tucked in with a 4-H emblem. A 4-H t-shirt with sleeves, a 4-H emblem on the pocket or blouse front or a 4-H arm band will be acceptable. Hard soled shoes or boots must be worn for all the 4-H animal shows. This attire will be the policy for interview judging, livestock shows, and fair award ceremony held on Saturday afternoon of Holt County Fair. ***The following competitions do not require Dress Code: Modeling, Clothing Interview Judging, Fashion Show, Presentations, FCS Judging, Horticulture Judging, Table Setting, and Talent Contest. Failure to comply with this policy will result in loss of premium money and awards. Superintendents and fair board members will enforce this policy.
- Boyd County Dress Code - An official 4-H Chevron or Armband is required at all activities while you are participating in the 4-H activity whether you are being judged or are judging (except modeling). 4-H’ers are required to wear the official dress of a white shirt or blouse or t-shirt with the official 4-H Chevron or Armband attached and dark blue jeans. Hard soled shoes or boots must be worn for all the 4-H livestock shows and livestock judging contest. No hats or other headgear except western hats during the horse show. Exhibitors shall not display local, county, commercial, or other identification except official 4-H and such identification that the show ring may require. The dress code will be the official 4-H dress code OR nice street clothes (no shorts) OR clothes that are appropriate according to your theme or presentation for Presentations, Speeches, Table Setting Contest, Talent Contest, and Parade. For the Talent Contest only, participants will wear either the chevron or other prominent 4-H identification. If you are not in the correct dress code you will be dropped one ribbon placing.
- Clover Kids do not need to take Livestock Quality Assurance. No Clover Kid animals need to be weighed in but they will need to follow all other requirements (affidavit sheets, veterinary checks, etc.).
- Animal Affidavit Sheets -
- Animal Afidavit Sheets
- Holt County and Boyd County Bottle lambs and goats need to be tagged and have affidavit sheets turned into the Extension Office by June 15, but do not need to be visually identified by the Extension office. All bottle lambs need a scrappie tag before fair and tag number must be listed on ID form.
- All rabbits need to be tattooed by June 15. Watch the newsletter for the Rabbit Tattoo Day or you can tattoo your own.
- Holt County Small Animal and Rabbit affidavit sheets are due June 15.
- Boyd County Small Animal and Rabbit affidavit sheets are due by May 1.
- Small Animal affidavit sheets also require a photo of each animal identified. ALL Small Animals will have health check done before fair. Watch the newsletter for details.
- Showing Animals at Fairgrounds -
- Holt County - All Clover Kid animals need to be pre-entered by July 21 at the Extension Office. If a clover animal needs a stall or cage for the day of show at fair it must be reserved by July 21 with your club leader. Clover Kid animals will arrive on the fairground prior to that species show. A clover animal will be shown right before the animal show they represent. Clover Kid animals can go home after being shown
- Boyd County - All Clover Kid animals will arrive on the fairgrounds prior to that species show. All Clover Kid animals can go home after being shown at the Small Animal Day. If you want your lamb or goat to stay at the County Fair - you must contact the Extension Office prior to Fair Set up Night for stalling arrangements or it can go home after being shown.
Pre-Fair and County Fair
- Watch in Newsletter for date - Held in the Spring
- Link to forms here
- Presentation Contest
- Holt County - Judged on Holt County Pre-Fair Day
- Boyd County - Judged following Boyd County Small Animal Show
- Family and Consumer Science Judging Contest
- Horticulture Judging Contest
- Table Setting Contest
- Modeling/Fashion Show
- Static Exhibits
- Holt County Clover Kid Interviews - Wednesday, August 7, 2018 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm with a 1/2 hour lunch break at Holt County Fairgrounds, Chambers.
- Boyd County Clover Kid Interviews - Wednesday, August 1, 2018 from 9:00-11:00 am at Boyd County Fairgrounds, Spencer.
- Livestock Shows
All Clover Kid animals are brought the day of the respective show and will be shown right before the animal show they represent. Clover Kids can exhibit a total of 2 animal exhibits under 2 animal projects.
- Holt County - Clover Kid animals can go home after being shown but if you want your animal to stay - you must contact your club leader by July 21 for stalling arrangements.
- Boyd County - Clover Kid animals can go home after being shown at the Small Animal Show. If you want your lamb or goat to stay at County Fair - you must contact the Extension Office prior to Fair Set up Night for stalling arrangements.
- These are the only classes that Clover Kids can show in:
- Clover Kid Bottle Lamb Show and Tell
- Clover Kid Cat Show and Tell Class
- Clover Kid Dog Show and Tell Class
- Clover Kid Dairy Goat (females only) Show and Tell
- Clover Kid Meat Goat (wether or female) Show and Tell Class
- Clover Kid Poultry Show and Tell Class
- Clover Kid Rabbit Show and Tell
- Clover Kid Small Animal Show and Tell
- Livestock Judging Contest -
Livestock Judging Contest will be held at the County Fair. Check the Fair Schedule date and time.
County Fair Forms -
- County Fair Pre-Entry Form - Use this form for list all of your exhibits that you will need an entry tag for. Be descriptive and completely fill in the blanks. DUE to your county office by July 21st.
- County Fair Livestock Entry Form - Use these forms to list the animals that you will be bringing to the fair. DUE to your county office by July 21st.
- Livestock Entry Form - Beef, Bucket Calf, Dairy, Dairy Goat, Sheep, Bottle Lamb, Meat Goat, Swine and Showmansip will be entered on this form. Use this form to let the County Office know which animal you will be showing in which class.
- Small Animal Entry Form - Use this form to let the County Office know which small animal you will be showing in which class.
Awards Recognition -
- Awards Night/Jamboree
- Clover Kid Record Book