Emergency Resources - Livestock

Nebraska Extension Cares - Assisting Nebraskans through Tough Times

#NebExt  #NebraskaFlood  #NebraskaStrong

Emergency Resources - Livestock

  • UNL Flood Resources - Livestock
  • What to Know About the Livestock Indemnity Program - 30 day notice of loss window so contact your FSA Office, document your loss.
  • Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honey Bees, and Farm-raised Fish (ELAP) - Contact your FSA Office - for lost forage or feed stuff, lost down stream or under water.
  • Emergency Conservation Program (ECP) - provides cost share on damaged fields and fence repair/replacement. Need to come in to FSA get application before you begin doing any repairs. ECP news release - March 25, 2019
  • Emergency Release of CRP acres - Contact FSA first before turning in livestock - only for 1 month.
  • Gov. Ricketts Issues Two Executive Orders Waiving Certain Requirements for Trip Permits and Deceased Livestock - March 20, 2019
  • Options for Disposal of Animal Carcasses - includes On-Site Composting; On-Site Burial; Landfills taking Animal Carcasses and Rendering Services in Nebraska. This link also has information about the NRCS Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) funds that are available to assist farmers and ranchers with proper disposal of dead livestock. Applications are being accepted now through April 5 with a second cut-off date of May 1.
  • Nebraska Farm Bureau Launches Disaster Relief Fund and Information Exchange Portal Nebraska
  • Nebraska Cattlemen Disaster Relief Fund
  • Crop Residue Exchange -  Go to this web site to list Crop Residue Available and also to find potential grazing arrangements
  • Nebraska Department of Agriculture -
    Producers in Need - Producers that have been impacted by the blizzard and flooding and are now in need of hay, feed stuffs, fencing materials, volunteer help, equipment, etc. should call the Nebraska Department of Agriculture at 1-800-831-0550. Be prepared to share your name, contact information, type and number of livestock, location (including county), what assistance you are seeking and how urgent your need is.

    Donations - Nebraska has been overwhelmed with the outpouring of support for our producers. If you have hay, feed stuffs, fencing materials, equipment, etc. that you are willing to donate, please contact the Nebraska Department of Agriculture at 1-800-831-0550. Be prepared to share your name, contact information and what you have that you are willing to donate and the amount, along with your location.
    • Hay Drop Off Points
      • Norfolk Airport  4100 S 13th St, Norfolk, NE 68701 ~ They do not equipment to unload large round bales
        POC: Teri Wachter
        Phone: 402-841-5130
      • Lancaster Event Center 4100 N 84th St, Lincoln, NE 68507
        POC: Amy Dickerson
        Phone: 402-441-6545
      • Ag Park,  822 15th St, Columbus, NE 68601
        POC: Ryan Palmer
        Phone: 402-270-4455
      • UNL Research Center. 1071 Rd G, Ithaca, NE 68033, NE ~ no small square bales don’t have manpower to unload
        POC: Doug Zalesky
        Call (970)759-8626 or (402) 624-8000
        Let us know the day and approximate time that you plan to drop hay or supplies off. Hay donations will be collected approximate­ly ½ mi. west of the intersection of County Road 10 (blacktop road that goes south out of Mead, NE) and County Road H. Coordinates are: 41.161543 -96.482925. Enter from the EAST and exit to the WEST. From Mead: 5 mi. South and ½ mi. West on Rd. H
        From Hwy 66/Rd. 10: 1 mi. North and and ½ mi. West
      • UNL Haskell Lab, 57905 866 Road Concord, NE ~ no small square bales don’t have manpower to unload
        POC: Doug Zalesky
        Phone: 970-759-8626
        Local Contact (Logan Dana): 402-429-5560
      • Albion Livestock Market, 2518 Sale Barn Road, Albion NE
        POC Ty Austin
      • Verdigre Livestock Market, 88176 Highway 14, Verdigre, NE 68783
        POC Curt Zimmer

The Nebraska Preparedness Partnership is currently accepting donations. These donations will stay in Nebraska and used for the catastrophic flooding/blizzard relief. Call Sandra Hobson 402-979-7207 or email shobson@neprep.org