The Learning Child provides you affordable, research-based, educational programs and resources. Information in each program is based on research from faculty right here in Nebraska. Our goal is to empower all adults who care for young children by providing high-quality professional development that sets the stage for lifelong learning, discovery, and success. We’re here to help you take what you’ve learned from training and research and put it into practice!
As caring adults in young children’s lives we play a major role in setting the stage for lifelong learning, discovery and success. Nebraska Extension is committed to providing research-based strategies to help you support the holistic development of the young child in your care.
Active in all 93 counties and at child.unl.edu
The Learning Begins at Birth Parent Guide resource resulted from a collective effort among dedicated Early Childhood Care and Education professionals as well as caring parents who committed countless hours in developing and reviewing content. Through relationships and networking, the group helped to assure that the guide has broad distribution to those who might benefit.
Latest Updates from child.unl.edu
- Helping Foster a Growth Mindset in Young Children
- Adaptability and Stability: Changing and Maintaining Traditions, Rituals, and Routines During a COVID-19 Holiday Season
- 3 Teaching Strategies for Supporting Children’s Tinkering, Making, and Engineering in Makerspaces
- Exercising While Pregnant
- More than Counting: Incorporating Math into Daily Interactions with Preschoolers
- Culturing Creativity