Nebraska Extension will be hosting a Beef Production Focused Private Pesticide License Certification Program December 6th, 2021 in Valentine, Nebraska. The program will run from 11:00am CT until 3:00pm CT at the 4-H Building on the Fairgrounds in Valentine, NE.
Nebraska is nationally known as the Beef State. Our team provides research-based information and resources to beef producers to help them provide an economical, safe, quality product to consumers while protecting and preserving Nebraska's vast natural resources.
Active in all 93 counties and at beef.unl.edu
A University of Nebraska Extension Beef Cow education meeting will be held on December 20, 2021, from 1:00 - 3:00 pm at the Extension Office, 128 N 6th Suite 100, O’Neill.
Dr. Kaci McCarthy Beef Cow Specialist from UNL and Steve Niemeyer Extension Beef Systems Educator will focus on Beef Heifer Replacement with Topics of:
1. Heifer Development with Supplementation Strategies
2. Heifer Selection
3. Pre-Breeding and Breeding Management
The University of Nebraska Extension will be holding a live BQA Training & BQA Transportation Training on Monday, December 13, 2021, beginning at 1:00 pm at the Holt County Extension office meeting room 128 N 6th, O’Neill.
Instructor will be Jesse Fulton BQA Director.
Many parts of Nebraska have recently had at least one night of below freezing temperatures. In some areas, temperatures have warmed back up and the sorghums have begun to regrow. The hydrocyanic acid (or prussic acid) in this new growth can be highly toxic to grazing cattle.
Latest Updates from beef.unl.edu
- Updated Nebraska Cow Herd System Budgets Available Now
- Current Drivers and Atypical Seasonal Patterns in the Cull Cow Cutout
- The Impact of Price and Management on Culling Decisions
- LRP Insurance for Fed Cattle and Put Options: Farmer-Feeder Considerations
- Cow-Calf College to be held January 25th
- How to Develop a Custom Calving Agreement
- Cow Herd Appraisal Performance Software (CHAPS) Benchmark Data – A Review
- Differences Between High-, Medium-, and Low-Profit Cow-Calf Producers: An Analysis of 2016-2020 Kansas Farm Management Association Cow-Calf Enterprise – A Review
- Know Your Numbers, Know Your Options
- Three-State Beef Conference: Long-term Planning for the Cow Herd