We are hiring!
Nebraska Extension in Hamilton County values excellence. The Hamilton County Program Assistant is a part-time position to help grow exceptional extension programs. The position is assisting with the coordination of youth, volunteers, extension staff, and UNL faculty to deliver research-based educational programming. The primary responsibility is to assist with program planning and program delivery.
This position requires a flexible individual able to work well with youth as well as adults and will need to manage interruptions while setting priorities. A strong work ethic is highly valued.
1. Coordinate with the office team, have strong organizational skills, and manage multiple calendars.
2. Team-oriented office professional with excellent communication skills.
3. Must meet driver standards according to UNL policy, have a valid driver’s license, and access to a vehicle.
4. Criminal history background check will be conducted.
5. Must be able to be around animals.
6. Must be able to manually lift 30 pounds to a height of 3-4 feet.
1. Assist with program delivery to extension clientele, primarily youth, in multiple settings.
2. Provide extension education program support for resident and regional educators as well as county staff.
3. Other duties as assigned to accomplish high-quality extension education and whatever else deemed necessary.
1. Work hours will not exceed 8 hours per week.
2. During the school calendar year, main working hours will be on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, primarily from 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., during the main programming hours. Additional hours may be granted throughout the Summer.
Contact: For questions, contact Mariah Newmyer, Hamilton County Extension Unit Leader, at email@example.com or 402-694-6174.
Please submit application and references to the Hamilton County Extension Office between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., 1111 13th Street Suite 6, Aurora, NE.