Do you enjoy working with youth? Have you considered youth development, teaching, and/or Extension as a potential career path? The iGrow Career Immersion program will provide a venue for you to experience education as a career pathway, helping you decide if you would enjoy and feel passionate about this career choice.
Through iGrow Career Immersion, you will…
- Increase youth development knowledge.
- Learn from job shadow and real world work experiences.
- Gain first-hand experience in teaching youth and developing engaging lesson plans and programs, while serving Hall County youth.
- Explore career options and learn to work in a professional setting.
- Tailor and specialize your experience to your areas of interest.
- Complete your career development experience within one year, approximately 50 hours of volunteer time, with flexible scheduling.
- Finalize your experience with a summary of your learning.
How will you benefit?
- Gain great career development experience and build your resume.
- Acquire real world knowledge and experience that will help you grow as a professional individual.
- Receive a financial award from Hall County 4-H Council after successfully completing the iGrow Career Immersion program.
Who can apply?
- High school juniors or seniors, or 1st year college students. Applicants must be enrolled in 4-H and remain 4-H age-eligible until the immersion experience is complete.
How do you apply?
- Applicants must complete the attached application, due at the Hall County Extension Office by March 22.
- Select applicants will be interviewed and notified by April 1st.