Hall County 4-H Newsletters
Stay informed on all of the events, activities & deadlines by downloading the Hall County 4-H monthly newsletter!
- April 2018 (pdf)
- March 2018 (pdf)
- February 2018 (pdf)
- January 2018 (pdf)
- December 2017 (pdf)
- November 2017 (pdf)
- October 2017 (pdf)
Spotlight on 4-H - NE Extension 4-H Newsletters
Check out the Nebraska Extension State 4-H newsletter “Spotlight on 4-H”. It contains lots of great information for new & experienced 4-H families, as well as ideas for club leaders & volunteers.
4-H Project Opportunities
Are you wanting to select a 4-H project, but don't know where to start? Check out the following project guides:
- 2018 Hall County 4-H Project Guide (pdf)
- 2018 Nebraska Extension Pick Your Project - The Pick Your Project is an online project selection guide for finding both county-only and state fair eligible 4-H fair projects and their resources. Users can search by keywords or browse by project area, curriculum area, and experience level. Project resources and learning objectives are included with each project.
- 2018 Hall County 4-H Fair Premium Book
In addition, there are project manuals available for almost every 4-H project. (Available project manuals are listed in the Project Resource Central above.) These written manuals provide hands-on lessons & ideas to help youth acquire new skills and knowledge. The manuals are not required, but can be very helpful. Manuals may be purchased at the Extension office or directly through the following websites:
Call the Hall County Extension office for more information (308) 385-5088.
2018 4-H Achievement Awards
It's never too early to start preparing your 4-H records! Watch the archived Giving Your Best webinar series for more information about the 4-H Recognition Programs. Find out about the Diamond Clover program, Career Portfolio, as well as Volunteer/Club Recognition! Available below are the award application forms (due on or around Oct. 1st). Please feel free to contact the office with further questions.
- Explanation of 4-H member Awards (pdf)
- Award Application Summary (pdf)
- Clover Kids Head Heart Hands Health Recognition Program (pdf): This program recognizes the work completed by Clover Kids. Each member, 4-H age 5-7, should have set two goals earlier this year in the areas of the four H's: Head, Heart, Hands and Health. All Clover Kids who turn in completed forms will receive a prize.
- Diamond Clover Program: The Diamond Clover Program starts with setting goals to work toward during the 4-H year and recording your accomplishments.
- Career Portfolio: The Career Portfolio will help you keep track of 4-H projects and activities and collects award, scholarship and job application info all in one place.
- Outstanding 4-H Member (pdf) (ages 16-18) is chosen based on leadership, citizenship and community involvement shown in their Career Portfolio or by completing the Outstanding 4-H Member Application.
- Club of Excellence Summary and Application: Club leaders submit an application for your club to become recognized as a "Club of Excellence!" To receive this designation, clubs must meet a set of criteria including: recite the 4-H pledge at meetings, meet at least six times a year, complete a club project and complete a community service project.
4-H Has Heart!
Hall County 4-H Council’s Outreach Committee is providing an exciting opportunity! Their mission is to support the many ways that 4-H’ers and their families give back to this wonderful community.
- If you had the opportunity to better your community, what would you do?
- If you had the opportunity to help someone, who would you help?
- What if you had the opportunity to obtain funds to help you achieve those goals?
This is the opportunity for you or your club to do something big and show that 4-H has Heart! Submit your application (pdf) for funds to support your project and join the 4-H has Heart movement!! Funds are limited. Apply Today!!