GLW 4-H enrollment for 2023 is encouraged by March 15th. 4-H is the nation’s largest youth development organization focused on developing skills and knowledge in agriculture, science, citizenship and healthy lifestyles. This program aims to create positive, hands-on educational experiences open to all youth in preparation for lives as successful citizens and leaders. In Nebraska, one in three youth is actively engaged in 4-H through clubs, afterschool activities and school enrichment programs.
4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
4-H is education for life that uses a learn-by-doing approach.
Active in all 93 counties and at 4h.unl.edu
Nebraska 9th graders currently enrolled in 4-H (and those enrolled as 8th graders last year) will have received a letter pre-admitting them to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. With this, they will have the opportunity to participate in Next Chapter, a unique partnership between Nebraska 4-H and University Admissions that connects students statewide with the resources of the University!
Welcome to GLW 4-H!
4-H Youth wanting to compete in the 4-H county (roping) & 4-H State Horse shows must have completed the Horse Level requirements. Steve will be giving the written Level testing by appointment only at the Garfield Courthouse. Questions to Steve Niemeyer @ 308-346-4200
Latest Updates from Statewide 4-H
- UNL Visitors Center showcases 4-H’ers’ creativity through the lens
- Nebraska 4-H Fed Steer Challenge: enhancing the educational value of beef projects
- Youth earn Member of Excellence distinctions at Nebraska State Fair
- Youth experience swine production
- Nebraska teens emerge as change agents following Citizenship Washington Focus
- 4-H members speak up at new Premier Communication Event
- Nebraska 4-H members earn entry into national animal science contests
- Nebraska 4-H welcomes hundreds to the 4-H Shooting Sports National Championships