YOUR PRIVATE PESTICIDE
APPLICATORS PERMIT IS EXPIRING
Recertify or Certify by one of four methods:
- Attending an interesting and informative agronomic and safety training session given by Extension Educator Nathan Mueller. This will take 3 hours and cost $40. The Nebraska Department of Ag will bill you for the license fee of $25. This session also is a certification session for farmers who have let the certification lapse, have never had one, or have a new employee needing certification. Your check for the $40 training fee should be made out the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Please pre-register online at croptechcafe.org/registration or call 821-2151. If inclement weather occurs, we can contact you about cancellations or changes.
- Test out at a Nebraska Department of Ag testing location; pay just the license fee of $25.
- An online self-study (pested.edu/certification-and-training) course may be completed instead of attending a certification training listed above, which costs $75.
- Attend full day of Crop Production Clinic for $80 (Pre-registration required). Pay $25 license fee. See list of Crop Production Clinics at: https://agronomy.unl.edu/cpc
*******Bring Your State Department of Agriculture bar-coded letter and your checkbook, it will save you time*****
YOU MAY ATTEND AT ANY LOCATION
Private Pesticide Applicator Recertification/Certification
- January 29 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm at Sokol Hall, 317 S Wilson St, Wilber
- January 30 from 9:00 am to Noon at Saline Center, Co Rd M and Hwy 15
- March 5 from 9:00 am to Noon, St. Joseph Church Fellowship Hall, Friend
- March 10 from 6:00 to 9:00 pm at the Saline County Extension office, 306 W 3rd St, Wilber
- March 19 from 9:00 am to Noon at the Fire Hall Meeting Room, 107 Main St, Tobias
- February 10 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm at the 4-H Building, 56885 PWF Rd, Fairbury
- February 11 from 9:00 to Noon at the 4-H Building, 56885 PWF Rd, Fairbury
- March 4 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm at the 4-H Building, 56885 PWF Rd, Fairbury
- March 16 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm at the Community Center, 317 Main St, Plymouth
- February 21 from 9:00 to Noon at the Southeast Community College Truman Center, 4771 W Scott Rd, Beatrice
- February 21 from 1:00 – 4:00 pm at the Southeast Community College Truman Center, 4771 W Scott Rd, Beatrice
- March 6 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm at the Community Center, 630 Main St, Adams
- March 18 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm at the Gage County Extension Office, 1115 West Scott, Beatrice
- March 30 from 6:00 to 9:00 pm at the Gage County Extension Office, 1115 West Scott, Beatrice
- Find all locations and dates available statewide including adjacent counties at: https://go.unl.edu/2020pat
Other locations can be located by calling the Extension Office or going on-line to pested.unl.edu, then select Certification and Licensing from top bar, Private License from the drop-down menu, and Private Pesticide Safety Education Program Sessions. A calendar will give you all the options for counties and dates.
2020 Dicamba Training
In 2020, dicamba products ( XtendiMax, Engenia, FeXepan, Travium) used in soybeans/corn are restricted use pesticides and require an additional dicamba-focused training if you desire to use these products. More information on these trainings can be found at https://pested.unl.edu/certification-and-training.
The closest in-person trainings for this area can be found by clicking on the link above, as not all dates are finalized.
2020 Paraquat Training
In 2020, additional training is required for all Paraquat products.
2020 Chemigation Applicator Training
Main Website: Chemigation Certification Program
- January 28 from 9:00 am to Noon at the Gage County Extension Office, 1115 West Scott, Beatrice
- March 17 from 9:00 am to Noon at the Nemaha NRD District Office, 62161 Hwy 136, Tecumseh
- May 20 from 9:00 am to Noon at the Lancaster County Extension Office, 444 Cherrycreek Rd Ste A, Lincoln
NEW: If you are recertifying (not for initial or new certifications), you can now watch the videos and take the exam online without coming into the extension office. View information about how to go through the online training at: https://water.unl.edu/article/agricultural-irrigation/chemigation
Check when your chemigation applicator certification expires: Click Here