YOUR PRIVATE PESTICIDE
APPLICATORS PERMIT IS EXPIRING
Recertify or Certify by one of five methods:
- Attending an interesting and informative agronomic and safety training session given by Extension Educators Nicole Stoner and Randy Pryor. This will take 3 hours and cost $40. The Nebraska Department of Ag will bill you for the license fee of $25. This session also is a certification session for farmers who have let the certification lapse, have never had one, or have a new employee needing certification. Your check for the $40 training fee should be made out the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. No preregistration required.
- Complete a home study course purchased from your local Extension Office for $60 plus you will be billed $25 by the Nebraska Department of Ag for the license fee.
- Test out at a Nebraska Department of Ag testing location; pay just the license fee of $25.
- Taking the online private pesticide initial certification or recertification course and passing the quizzes in the course. Fee is $60 per applicator plus $25 license fee from the Nebraska Department of Ag. Allow 6-8+ hours to complete at your own pace.
- Attend full day of Crop Production Clinic (schedule on back of letter) for $80
(pre-registration fee). Pay $25 license fee. Preregistration required at cpc.unl.edu
*******Bring Your State Department of Agriculture bar-coded letter and your checkbook, it will save you time*****
YOU MAY ATTEND AT ANY LOCATION
WEATHER: It is our intent to hold these meetings in any weather. If Mother Nature takes issue with the schedule, announcements will be made on News Channel Nebraska 1450 AM, and KUTT 99.5 FM.
Private Pesticide Applicator Recertification/Certification
Gage, Jefferson, and Saline Counties
Friday, February 22 9AM-Noon & 1-4PM Gage County Extension Office, 1115 W Scott Street, Beatrice
Monday, February 25 1-4PM Friend Catholic Church, 403 4th Street, Friend
Wednesday, February 27 9AM-Noon Saline County Extension Office, 306 W Third, Wilber
Thursday, March 7 9AM-Noon & 1-4PM 4-H Building, Jefferson Co. Fairgrounds, Fairbury
Other locations can be located by calling the Extension Office or going on-line to pested.unl.edu, then select Certification and Licensing from top bar, Private License from the drop-down menu, and Private Pesticide Safety Education Program Sessions. A calendar will give you all the options for counties and dates.
2019 Local UNL Dicamba Trainings
Led by Extension Educator Randy Pryor
Tuesday, March 12 10-11:30AM 4-H Building, Jefferson Co. Fairgrounds, Fairbury
Wednesday, March 13 10-11:30AM Gage County Extension Office, 1115 W Scott Street, Beatrice
Thursday, March 14 10-11:30AM Saline County Extension Office, 306 W Third, Wilber
The EPA has extended the registrations for three RUP dicamba products (XtendiMax®, Engenia®, FeXapan™) until December 20, 2020. You must hold a valid applicator's license and receive annual, state–authorized, dicamba–or auxin–specific training to use these products. UNL's online dicamba–specific training is one option and is available after Jan. 1, 2019. Almost 1400 applicators choose that option last year. Go to: https://pested.unl.edu/dicamba
In addition you will find information for all Nebraska training opportunities, new record keeping requirements and what applicators need to know at the Nebraska Department of Agriculture website: http://www.nda.nebraska.gov/pesticide/dicamba.html