If you have any previous year ID sheets, discard them and only use the ones above. This is the 2018 process for 4-H animal identifications:
- All Market Beef will be tagged at beef weigh days. If you want to be considered for Rate of Gain, you must weigh in Frontier County.
- Identification for County Fair only animals: the county 4-H ear tag will be used for bucket calves, feeder calves, market beef, market hogs, market lambs, breeding sheep, meat goats and breeding meat does. All registered and commercial breeding beef must have a ranch tag. All animals must be submitted on the appropriate ownership affidavit (see above).
- Identification for State Fair and Ak-Sar-Ben 4-H and FFA animals: Market beef & Market Swine will need an EID tag and a DNA sample. Market Sheep need a scrapies tag and a DNA sample. All market beef DNA envelopes and ownership affidavits are due by April 15 to the extension office. Market Sheep & Market Swine are due by May 15 in the extension office. All others (including ID sheets) submitted to the Frontier County Extension Office by June 1.
- Market Beef Weigh Days and Sheep & Goat Weigh Days will continue as they have but 4-H families will need to advise which tags to use at that time (county tags or the EID tags).
- Breeding animals for State Fair & Ak-Sar-Ben prior to the ID deadline of June 15 must be nominated online at stockshowmgr.com. All registered and commertcial breeding beef can be ear tagged for County Fair (ranch tag). Frontier County Extension ID deadline is June 1.
- Horse and livestock still require paper ID's at the county level.
Online Quality Assurance Training NEW online course at http://yqca.learngrow.io .
You will use your FAMILY 4HOnline login and password information to access the courses for the ACTIVE youth in your family. Only ACTIVE members will show in the drop down menu for access to the course. All registration questions with YQCA should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org). There will not be local support for the YQCA program. All 4-H'ers need to use the 4-H tab and not the FFA tab even if they are members of both organizations. There is a button for families that have forgotten their password. 4-H'ers that have started their QA training on the old site will be able to complete their modules and print off their certificate of completion and take it to their Extension Office.
Once you have completed your YQCA training, you will need to go back into the YQCA site above and print off a certificate which will then need to either be mailed to the extension office or emailed to Peggy Smith at email@example.com.