If you have any previous year ID sheets, discard them and only use the ones above. This is the 2019 process for 4-H animal identifications:
- All Market Beef will be tagged at beef weigh days. If you want to be considered for Rate of Gain, you must weigh in Frontier County.
- Identification for County Fair only animals: the county 4-H ear tag will be used for bucket calves, feeder calves, market beef, market hogs, breeding swine, market lambs, breeding sheep, meat goats and breeding meat does. All registered and commercial breeding beef must have a ranch tag. All animals must be submitted on the appropriate ownership affidavit (see above).
- Identification for State Fair and Ak-Sar-Ben 4-H and FFA animals: Market Beef & Market Swine will need an EID tag and a DNA sample. Market Sheep need a scrapies tag and a DNA sample. All market beef DNA envelopes and ownership affidavits are due by April 15 to the extension office. Market Sheep & Market Swine are due by May 15 in the extension office. All others (including ID sheets) submitted to the Frontier County Extension Office by June 1. Market Beef must be nominated online at stockshowmgr.com. by family prior to April 1st. Market Swine & Market Sheep must be nominated online at stockshowmgr.com. by family prior to June 15th.
- Market Beef Weigh Days and Sheep & Goat Weigh Days will continue as they have but 4-H families will need to advise which tags to use at that time (county tags or the EID tags).
- Breeding animals for State Fair & Ak-Sar-Ben prior to the ID deadline of June 15 must be nominated online at stockshowmgr.com. All registered and commertcial breeding beef can be ear tagged for County Fair (ranch tag). Frontier County Extension ID deadline is June 1.
- Horse and livestock still require paper ID's at the county level.
Online Quality Assurance Training online course at http://yqca.learngrow.io .
Youth For Quality Care (YQCA) 2019 – Livestock Quality Assurance
Last face-to-face training in Frontier County will be:
- April 9 (Tuesday) 6:30-8:30 pm in Curtis
- Face-to-face training is $3
- BEFORE attending local face-to-face or web based $12 session - All 4-H exhibitors need to register and pay online at: https://yqca.learngrow.io/Account/Login.
- Use your 4-H Online Account - need credit card or coupon
Nebraska 4-H youth ages 8-18, who are enrolled in any livestock projects (exhibiting Beef, Sheep, Goats, Hogs, Rabbits, Dairy, and Poultry at the county fair, state fair, or AkSarBen) are required to complete the YQCA online course annually or test out.
By June 1, 2019 Frontier County 4-H Livestock Exhibitors need to attend either face-to-face session or search online for surrounding counties’ face-to-face dates OR take the web based training OR test out any time before June 1, 2019. Test Out Option: $36 for Intermediate or $48 for Senior Divisions; will allow youth to test out of their current age division; available online only at: https://yqca.learngrow.io/Account/Login. (NO paper tests in extension office and all past test outs are no longer valid.)
2019 Horse Shows around Nebraska
2019 District & State Horse Show Entry Form
2019 District Map
2019 List of Horse Events