Working with Nebraska's producers for 26 years to address critical production, profitability, and natural resources questions. Click for more information and dates!
More Agriculture-Related Programming
For a listing of South Central/Southeast Nebraska Ag-Related Programs, check out our flyer.
Pesticide Safety Education Programs
The Pesticide Safety Education Program (PSEP) at the University of Nebraska - Lincoln in concert with Extension Specialists, Extension Educators, and Extension Assistants provides educational and training programs that address health, the environment, economic well-being, and pesticide safety.
Feb 12: 2pm - Fillmore County Fairgrounds
Feb 12: 6pm - Fillmore County Fairgrounds
Feb 13: 2pm - Clay County Fairgrounds
Farmers & Ranchers College Programs
- December 7, 2017 - Positioning for Success in the Economic Reset. Featuring Dr. David Kohl, Professor Emeritus, Dept. of AAEC, Virginia Tech. 1:00pm - 4:00pm at the Opera House in Bruning, NE.
- January 30, 2018 - Partners in Progress Beef Seminar: Cow/Calf College. Registration at 9:30pm, Program from 10:00am - 3:30pm at the U.S. MARC near Clay Center, NE.
- February 23, 2018 - Crop Insurance, Farm Bill Policy Update & More! Registration at 9:30am, Program from 10:00am - 3:30pm at the Fillmore County Fairgrounds in Geneva, NE.
- Programs are free; however registration is appreciated for a meal count. Please call the Fillmore Co. Extension Office at (402) 759-3712 one-week prior to the program to reserve your spot.
A wide range of presentation topics and commercial displays will be featured at this year's Wilber Crop Clinic scheduled for Friday, February 16, 2018 at the Sokol Hall in Wilber. “This clinic strives to bring cutting edge, researched based information and crop production recommendations for farmers and agri-professionals for Southeast Nebraska,” says Extension Educator Randy Pryor. The clinic will begin with registration, viewing of sponsor displays, coffee, kolaches, and rolls at 8:00 a.m. The educational program is slated for 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Pryor said, “Registration is at the door and this a fully sponsored program supported by area agricultural industry businesses including numerous door prizes.” CCA credits will be available.
Speakers and topics are as follows:
- Al Dutcher, UNL Agricultural Climatologist, “2018 Ag Outlook – After La Nina, Where are we Headed?”
- Jeff Peterson, Grain Marketing Analyst, Heartland Farm Partners, “2018 Marketing Outlook – Corn and Soybeans”
- Austin Duerfeldt, UNL Agricultural Economics Cropping Systems Educator, “2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Basics”
- Greg Kruger, UNL Weed Science and Application Technology Specialist, “My Assessment of 2017 Dicamba Issues and Looking Forward”
- Steve Wellman, Director, Nebraska Department of Agriculture, “2018 Regulatory Update”
- Brad Lubben, UNL Agricultural Economics Specialist, “Farm Bill Economics and Expectations”
- Laura Thompson, UNL Cropping Systems – Ag Technologies Educator, “Nebraska Extension On-Farm Research Update”
For more information or for commercial booth space, contact Lou Hajek at the Nebraska Extension Office in Saline County, phone 402-821-2151.