Disaster Relief Hay, Feed, & Fencing Donation Site
The University of Nebraska Eastern Nebraska Research and Extension Center (ENREC) near Mead, Nebraska is serving as a collection location for donations of hay (large bales), feed, and fencing materials for livestock owners/managers who were impacted by the recent adverse weather events in Nebraska.
Donations can be brought to ENREC near Mead, NE between the hours of 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. But it is important to contact us first at the number listed in the directions below! Material unloading equipment/operators provided.
Please follow the directions below to make a donation or if you wish to obtain supplies.
TO OBTAIN SUPPLIES:
If you are a producer/livestock producer in the disaster-affected area with hay/feed needs or need fencing materials, please call the Nebraska Department of Ag (NDA) at 1-800-831-0550. Donation sites are in contact with NDA providing information about supplies on hand. Please coordinate load out hours at ENREC between 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. by calling (970)759-8626 or (402)624-8000. Material loading equipment/operators provided.
- Nebraska Extension Flood Resources - https://flood.unl.edu
- Nebraska Department of Ag Nebraska Blizzard/Flooding Resources - http://www.nda.nebraska.gov/resources/index.html
- University of Nebraska Feed Planning Assistance - Donations of hay and feed have been coming in at the University of Nebraska Eastern Nebraska Research and Extension Center (ENREC) near Mead, NE to help those affected by the flood. If you are a cattle producer, you may be asking what is available and what do I need? This document was prepared to help producers determine feeding strategies based on donated hay, feeds, and supplements currently available.
TO DONATE SUPPLIES:
- IMPORTANT - Call (970)759-8626 or (402)624-8000 to let us know the day and approximate time that you plan to deliver hay (large bales only, no small bales) feed, or fencing supplies. And please let us know what you are donating. Collection hours at ENREC near Mead, NE are between 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Material unloading equipment/operators provided.
- Hay Donations - LARGE BALES ONLY - Large round and square hay donations will be collected approximately 1/2 mi. west of the intersection of County Road 10 (blacktop road that goes south out of Mead, NE) and County Road H. Click on the link for the Google map. Coordinates are: 41.161543 -96.482925. Enter from the EAST and exit to the WEST. Small bales can be taken to the Lancaster Event Center in Lincoln.
- Livestock Supplies and Fencing Materials Donations - Livestock supplies and fencing materials donations will be collected at a designated location at the ENREC Farm and Facilities Operations Shop. Click on the link for the Google Map. Coordinates are: 41.176711 -96.469526. Follow redwood directional signs off County Road 10 (blacktop road that goes south out of Mead, NE) and County Road J. Look for the redwood "Farm Operations" sign.
- Download the printable flyer. The flyer includes directions from Omaha and Lincoln, as well as pertinent details about hay and fencing donations. (Please refresh your browser after bringing up this file to ensure this is the most current information.)
- Looking for a donation location in Northeast Nebraska? University of Nebraska Haskell Ag Lab - Concord, NE is a donation site.
- Details about other locations can be found at: http://www.nda.nebraska.gov/resources/index.html.