Tuesday, May 17, 2022
- For summer employees working in the ag industry and corn and soybean growers wanting to learn how to better manage corn and soybean pests
- Ideal for new employees preparing to take the CCA exam.
- Also an excellent refresher course for experienced personnel.
- Provides current, detailed instruction and is specifically designed to furnish employees with the necessary knowledge, expertise and confidence to fulfill the requirements of their employment.
- Taught by University experts.
- 7.5 CCA CREDITS Applied for and pending (6 Pest Mgmt., 1 Crop Mgmt., .5 Fertility/ Nutrient Mgmt.)
|Aaron Nygren, Nebraska Extension Educator|
|9:00 AM||Understanding Corn & Soybean Growth & Development|
|Nathan Dorsey, Jenny Rees, Nathan Mueller & Aaron Nygren, Nebraska Extension Educators|
|10:10 AM||Crop Diseases & Quiz|
|Tamra Jackson-Ziems & Dylan Mangel, Nebraska Extension Plant Pathologists|
|Kyle Broderick, Coordinator, Plant and Pest Diagnostic Clinic|
|12:40 PM||Identifying Weeds - Plant Morphology, Using a Key to Identify Weed Seedlings|
|Christopher Proctor, Nebraska Extension Educator|
|2:40 PM||Corn & Soybean Insect Scouting, Identification, Management|
|Justin McMechan, Nebraska Extension Cropping Systems and Crop Protection Specialist|
|Julie Peterson, Nebraska Extension Entomologist – Via Zoom|
|Kyle Koch, Nebraska Extension Insect Diagnostician|
|4:40 PM||Nutrient Deficiencies in Corn & Soybeans|
|Nathan Mueller & Aaron Nygren, Nebraska Extension Educators|
Use the registration link below. Cost for the program is $100, which includes lunch, refreshment breaks, workshop materials and a 3 ring binder instruction manual. The take-home instruction manual includes a variety of reference materials that provide resources for crop scouting. For those attending the daylong training that don’t want a copy of the instruction manual, the fee is $60.
The manual is also available for $100 plus $15 shipping for those that wish to have a mailed copy.
For more information, contact Nebraska Extension at email@example.com or call (402)624-8030.
Registration inquiries - e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn about other Nebraska Extension Crop Management Training opportunities: https://enrec.unl.edu/crop/.
Aug. 23, 2022 Midwest Corn Production Clinic / Aug. 24, 2022 Midwest Soybean Production Clinic