Tuesday, May 11, 2021
- For summer employees working in the ag industry and corn and soybean growers wanting to learn how to better manage corn and soybean pests
- Ideal for new employees preparing to take the CCA exam.
- Also an excellent refresher course for experienced personnel.
- Provides current, detailed instruction and is specifically designed to furnish employees with the necessary knowledge, expertise and confidence to fulfill the requirements of their employment.
- Taught by University experts.
- 7.5 CCA CREDITS Applied for and pending (6 Pest Mgmt., 1 Crop Mgmt., .5 Fertility/ Nutrient Mgmt.)
Training will include interactive components.
9:00 a.m. Understanding Corn & Soybean Growth & Development
Aaron Nygren and Jenny Rees, Nebraska Extension Educators10:00 a.m. Break
10:10 a.m. Crop Diseases & Quiz
Tamra Jackson-Ziems, Nebraska Extension Plant Pathologist12:00 p.m. Break
12:40 p.m. Identifying Weeds - Plant Morphology, Using a Key to Identify Weed Seedlings
Christopher Proctor, Nebraska Extension Educator
2:40 p.m. Corn & Soybean Insect Scouting, Identification, Management
Justin McMechan, Nebraska Extension Cropping Systems and Crop Protection Specialist
Julie Peterson, Nebraska Extension Entomologist
Kyle Koch, Nebraska Extension Insect Diagnostician
4:40 p.m. Nutrient Deficiencies in Corn & Soybeans
Aaron Nygren, Nebraska Extension Educator
5:10 p.m. Evaluation
5:15 p.m. Adjourn
Use the registration link below. Fee for this introductory online training is $50. Pre-paid, preregistered participants are eligible for CCA credits. Must be logged on for entire program and participate in interactive components for eligibility.
An optional resource booklet is available for $105 plus $15 shipping. The notebook contains a variety of reference materials that are excellent resources for crop scouting professions to take with you in the field, as well as a tri-lens magnifying glass.