Nebraska Extension Crop Management Education
Providing Trusted Training for Ag Professionals
Intensive training for agricultural professionals brought to you by Nebraska Extension in the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources (IANR).
2020 Training Opportunities:
***NOTICE: Update on University of Nebraska Crop Management Diagnostic Clinics for summer 2020. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and in an effort to protect the health and safety or our participants and presenters - we are planning on bringing the training online this year. The sessions will be recorded at the Crop Management Diagnostic Clinic site at the Eastern Nebraska Research and Extension Center on the actual days that the clinics “would” have occurred. Shortly after, the sessions will be broken into smaller modules and made available online. The sessions can be purchased and viewed at the participant’s convenience. This will NOT be a live virtual training, but rather an opportunity for participants to participate online when it is convenient for them. Questions, please email email@example.com or call (402)624-8030. We will continue to post updates as more details become available.**
Learn about the training
Nebraska Extension's Crop Management educational programs are tailored for agricultural businesses, representatives, producers, educators, and others wishing to expand their knowledge base or pursuing Continuing Education Credits. If you are seeking educational opportunities in crop production, management, and diagnostics, explore the links on this page to see how we can help you meet that need.
Change is constant in agriculture. Keeping up with the latest technology and changes in crop production in a timely manner is a continuing challenge for those in agricultural professions. Ongoing, in-depth training opportunities are needed in crop management and diagnostics by many producers and professionals.
Genetic modifications, diverse cultural practices, and environmental regulations are some of the subject matter that have gained widespread attention in recent years. When coupled with the necessity of efficient, economical practices, these changes often mandate an expanded, broad knowledge base. Crop Management Diagnostic Clinics help meet the needs of those seeking to stay abreast of current issues, production and management practices.
- Hands-on, in-field training with CCA credits.
- Learn from the unbiased expertise of university and industry agricultural specialists.
- Up-to-date, current, research-based information is presented.
- One-on-one attention, actual on-site plot demonstrations, and beneficial interaction with other participants. The small manageable groups promote interaction between presenters and participants.
- The training sessions consistently receive excellent reviews.
- Last year, participants estimated the value of the knowledge gained and/or anticipated practice changes as an increase of $9.16 per acre.
- Held at a site specifically developed for the training at the University of Nebraska Eastern Nebraska Research and Extension Center near Mead, Nebraska. (A short drive - 50 minutes from Eppley Airfield-Omaha or 35 minutes from the Lincoln Airport). Winter training is conducted in the Christenson Research and Education Building using live plant cultivars.
- Money back guarantee if not completely satisfied with the training.
Nebraska Extension's Crop Management and Diagnostic Clinics and educations programs (such as field scout training) provide the educational opportunities agribusinesses and producers are seeking. The expertise of university and industry agricultural specialists is drawn upon to provide the latest, up-to-date, research-based information in crop production. To learn more about these programs, please visit the links on this page
Register for Classes Today:
|Crop Management and Diagnostic Clinics include one-on-one attention, actual on-site plot demonstrations, and beneficial interaction with other participants. MORE...|
|The Crop Management Winter Programs provide educational opportunities for agribusinesses and producers. MORE...|
|ONLINE TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES|
|A variety of courses are available online. MORE...|
|COLLEGE CREDIT COURSES|
|Some training sessions listed on this site can help you earn college credit - when taken in conjunction with other course projects and assignments. MORE...|
|COMPREHENSIVE TRAINING SITE|
|This site provides details on upcoming crop-related workshops, conferences and other training opportunities. MORE...|
|Presenters at some training sessions may have made presentation materials available for download. Please note that these materials are copyrighted. MORE...|
|Nebraska Extension Crop Management Programs
1071 County Road G
Ithaca, NE 68033